Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are Barclay's Bank with cli's

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

How are Barclay's Bank with cli's

Hi everyone, I luckily recieved a B&N Mastercard in October 22 of 2008 with a cl of $2,300 does anyone think it is too early to ask for a cli, is Barclay's stingy at all with giving out cli's.  Any information will be helpful, thanks.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: How are Barclay's Bank with cli's

Welcome to Cybil's World. Do you see a CLI button on the website?
Message 2 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

tray wrote:
Hi everyone, I luckily recieved a B&N Mastercard in October 22 of 2008 with a cl of $2,300 does anyone think it is too early to ask for a cli, is Barclay's stingy at all with giving out cli's.  Any information will be helpful, thanks.

Kinda non-existent, in most cases. Smiley Sad

You might be one of the blessed few!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 11
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

My Trav MC (Juni/Barclay's) started at 2k in Jan 07.  In Jan 08 they auto cli'd me to 3k.  No thrills, no customer initiated CLIs, sad customer service, yet decent rewards and low AF for a rewards card.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 11
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

CLI from Barclay?  I am amazed they even give credit period!   I can't squeeze an extra penny out of them, they are the so stingy! The only good about them is I have a great interest rate with them, that is the only reason I keep it, other than that they will do nothing for you, and they claim to review account regular and give merit increases(not true)....and they do not take increase requests.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 5 of 11
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

If they like you and karma's on your side...you'll get auto-CLIs every 6 months...and they can start at 6 months of age.  If they don't like you...ummm....you don't really wanna know.  You should know around April's statement cut, and they usually seem to do the inquiry for the increase the prior month.  They can be quite generous, actually, with 30%+ CLIs every 6 months from my experience.  And I'm not a heavy user of their card.  Good luck!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card in March of 2008 with a $500 CL. I decided in Nov to call the backdoor number(866-750-6031) I got from the backdoor # thread. After the rep checked my credit and how long I had the card he acted like he was surprised I had never recieved a CLI. He asked how much I said as much as possible he then said i can increase u to $2500 I said thanx. I Think it was a hard so u might wanna wait until u get to that 6 Month mark.
Message 7 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have a Casey's (started at $7.5K, now nearly two years old, wife AU) and wife has a B&N (started at $15K, me as AU).  Last summer I asked for a CLI on mine and got and additional $1K on each card. 

But no auto CLIs at all.  Although they are both reasobably high limits, and I have never got mine over 50% util and DW's has ver been over 2% util.

Rewards are OK, I needed a mastercard, no AF.  So I just use them and leave them alone

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a holder of two of two Barclay/Juniper credit cards, here is my advise for cli:  Wait six months to one year, then call the backdoor number.  Don't even bother calling the number on the back of the card, you will be disappointed.  I started with the platinum card at 2500 and a US Airways MC at 1500.  I now am at 5000 on my US airways and have a 3000 cl on a Best Western card.  All cli was via the backdoor number.

Message 9 of 11
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I called the Backdoor and got a voicemail. Is it because it is after 5?

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.