Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are app spree's viewed by AMEX

tag
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

How are app spree's viewed by AMEX

I am a brand new AMEX green member NPSL. I have several store cards and as far as CC's it's only Chase Freedom $400 CL 6 yrs and Orchard $300 CL for 1 yr now. I feel that now that my scores are getting good that I need some good to signature cards to help my revolving acct.'s. But which cards can I count on that will give me 2k CL's and how will AMEX FEEL about the timing of this mini spree. Please someone help me with strategy. PLEASE....

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: How are app spree's viewed by AMEX

im not sure on how to answer this since im not an amex user yet. 

but are you saying you've had a chase freedom for 2 years and they never upped your limit from 400? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Be hard to move to 2k from your current cl.  I would recommend holding off app for a 3 months.  App for Amex revolver then.  Amex has great cli policies.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 10
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

I have had it for 6 years and they have upped once from $200 to $400. I want to add 1 or 2 more cards which are considered signature type that may give me 2k CL's. And I want some opinions on how AMEX will view these new cards or how they may react if any?

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Visa signature usually means 5k.  Amex is somewhat tolerant of app sprees.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 10
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Dishpro wrote:
I have had it for 6 years and they have upped once from $200 to $400. I want to add 1 or 2 more cards which are considered signature type that may give me 2k CL's. And I want some opinions on how AMEX will view these new cards or how they may react if any?

Even with your 724 score It will be  hard to get a signature card, most creditors base the CL they give you on the CL's you currently have. If they see a 400 CL the computer may give you  500 and think they are doing your a favor  20% higher than your current limit. Most creditors want some exprerience with higher credit limit (at least 3-4k) before they drop a 5k limit on you. Start by calling up chase and requesting a CLI, even if its a HP it will pay off with higher limits on other cards you are approved for. After your new limit on the Chase card reports app for an AMEX revolver you could do it sooner but it would be better after the CLI, if your income supports charge more heavily on your green card and pay off so AMEX see's you can handle a higher limit. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Try Citi Forward

Barlcay Apple - call back door even if instant approval and ask for more, they are only open till 5 or 6 eastern but they are fab and they will ask questions once verified... it's simple.

Message 7 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

FRom my personal experience, they are sensitive to inqs.  Again YMMV

Message 8 of 10
Cranski
Valued Member

@Dishpro wrote:
I am a brand new AMEX green member NPSL. I have several store cards and as far as CC's it's only Chase Freedom $400 CL 6 yrs and Orchard $300 CL for 1 yr now. I feel that now that my scores are getting good that I need some good to signature cards to help my revolving acct.'s. But which cards can I count on that will give me 2k CL's and how will AMEX FEEL about the timing of this mini spree. Please someone help me with strategy. PLEASE....

Just and FYI. You should use a secure browser when applying or completly clean. They know you asked this question since they track you with inhouse and third party cookies. Also the app process verifies all open browsing during applying claiming to be only looking for 6 of there partner sites to see if they are currently 'in use'...

I don't like amex anymore after I saw the disclosure after applying. That and the denial Smiley Happy

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 9 of 10
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I've not read a thread about Amex closing accounts due to INQ. 

I've read 100 about Barclays closing accounts due to INQ.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.