cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you keeping your Wally store card active?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How are you keeping your Wally store card active?

@Erusidhion wrote:

I believe it's up to 100 dollars in a 24 hour period. So if your Cash Advance amount was $360.00 you could get $100 on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday and on Thursday you could get the remaining $60. Discover Credit Cards also have the Cash Over option as well, here is the information:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/cash-over-purchases.html

From Discover's website:

Is there a limit to how much cash I can get over my purchase? 

Cash Over transactions are limited to $120 every 24 hours with no monthly limit. Most stores have a cash over limit. Please check with your local store.

Thank you.

The CU which we currently have one of our Auto loans with makes it a big rigamarole to pay your note with an external account, aka ACH. 

Any cash I get throughout the month goes to that account, but because it can vary, sometimes i'll cashover a few dollars to make it happen.

I'm still considering refinancing that vehicle with NFCU, but it looks like i'll have to open up EQ to do it. I'm waiting another month or two at least though for optimal results.

Message 11 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@Erusidhion wrote:

I believe it's up to 100 dollars in a 24 hour period. So if your Cash Advance amount was $360.00 you could get $100 on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday and on Thursday you could get the remaining $60. Discover Credit Cards also have the Cash Over option as well, here is the information:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/cash-over-purchases.html

From Discover's website:

Is there a limit to how much cash I can get over my purchase? 

Cash Over transactions are limited to $120 every 24 hours with no monthly limit. Most stores have a cash over limit. Please check with your local store.

Thanks. I just checked, my cash limit is $100!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 12 of 13
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA I would consider sam's if I wasn't already a Costco member. (Sam's is also out of the way 😱)

I'm both as of last week... and Sam's is half the distance of Costco.

That and the fact Costco dumped AmEx combined with Sam's smaller bulk quantities (I'm single) has me with Sam's as my new shopping preference.

Did I mention Sam's parking actually has spots available?  Unlike Costco?  LOL

I'll still shop at both because each has certain products the other doesn't... but as far as Walmart goes, I have no use for the place... or the card.  My CL was only $900 anyway... it started at $600.  It's a bit odd because in over a year of attempts I never got a single CLI that I requested... all I saw were joke $100 and $200 auto CLI's.

But yet they approved me 3 months after I cancelled the card for a $2500 Sam's MC.

I still haven't figured out Synchrony.  When it comes to CLIs they don't like me...  maybe things will change in a few months when my BR13 falls off my report.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I'll have the same "free cash advance" option with my Sam's MC that is available with the Walmart card.  My new MC should arrive any day... Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.