Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are your Inquiries looking?

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

Re: How are your Inquiries looking?

@tmbr10 wrote:

Even though it is popular belief that Inquiries have no bearing on your FICO score after a year, creditors can still see the inquiries and factor them into credit decisions.

It's not just a belief, it doesn't have any bearing on FICO, FICO only "sees" last 12 months of inquries and ignores anything past which helps in instant approvals, however in a manual review, you're right, factors are still on the credit report.

That aside, EX = 6, EQ = 7, TU = 5 .. 18 total, all from between April 2012 and July 2012

Message 21 of 30
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

EQ-17...............11 were for auto loans that I applied for all in a week period, so I assume this will eventually reflect accordingly, or not count against me? Someone with some knowledge on this matter please elaborate.

TU-4

EX-1

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Message 22 of 30
ceejx
Established Contributor

@MyCreditSucksTheMost wrote:

EQ-17...............11 were for auto loans that I applied for all in a week period, so I assume this will eventually reflect accordingly, or not count against me? Someone with some knowledge on this matter please elaborate.

TU-4

EX-1

auto loan inquiries within a 14 day period only count as 1 as far as FICO calculations go, manual reviews are different, they can take them as they want, but I doubt they'll ding you for rate shopping an auto loan

Message 23 of 30
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@seigex wrote:

TU-4

EX-1

auto loan inquiries within a 14 day period only count as 1 as far as FICO calculations go, manual reviews are different, they can take them as they want, but I doubt they'll ding you for rate shopping an auto loan

You know that just bugs me.  Why cant they standarized the various scores?  It would be nice if your rate shopping for house or car that a clearing house pulls your credit data once and then the various lenders could go to that clearing house and access your info for their system.  Is there anyway around the various massive inquiries that come from home/car shopping?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 30
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@seigex wrote:

TU-4

EX-1

You know that just bugs me.  Why cant they standarized the various scores?  It would be nice if your rate shopping for house or car that a clearing house pulls your credit data once and then the various lenders could go to that clearing house and access your info for their system.  Is there anyway around the various massive inquiries that come from home/car shopping?

Not sure what your complaint is, if you shop both a home and a car within a two week period, then the max you will get is two inquiries as far as FICO is concerned... however doing both at the same time is a bad idea anyway since a new auto loan would effect a mortage and visa versa ....  as far as a way around, get a pre-approval on an auto loan or mortgage from your credit union or bank of choice and research the hell out of it beforehand so that you know what you're getting into.

Message 25 of 30
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

The issue comes under manual reviews. Some lenders count them all and don't care if FICO scores them as 1 inquiry.

Message 26 of 30
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
The issue comes under manual reviews. Some lenders count them all and don't care if FICO scores them as 1 inquiry.

Just to be my typical blunt self, they have all the right in the world to score them that way since they have to take on the associated risk with providing credit. And if it takes 2 months for a car loan to show up on your credit, then for all they know you got 10 separate cars with 10 inquiries over that time.

Message 27 of 30
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

True and I can ignore lenders that refuse to offer credit in those situatithotho

Message 28 of 30
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@seigex wrote:

TU-4

EX-1

+1...I totally agree

Im still waiting on AMEX ZNYC to tell me their findings from a manual review due to "too many inquires" (majority were from car and home shopping the laster part of 2011 and some in 2012)

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 29 of 30
rtw
Established Contributor

EX-6, TU-6, EQ-1

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.