Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How bad did I screw up??!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How bad did I screw up??!

Apped for several CCs this past month and now I'm not sure if I majorly screwed up in terms of inquiries or if they'll be "lumped together!"

Orchard: $300 approved -- one inquiry EX
Cap One: $1K approved -- one inquiry TU
BoA (hoping for 99/500) ? -- one inquiry EX
BoA checking account -- approved -- one inquiry EX
AmEx Delta -- denied -- one inquiry EQ (per their online decision)

So that's 5 inquiries spread over three CRAs in one month ... how ugly will it be in relation to hubby's scores??!!

We apped for Delta after checking out WGMC.com and saw that several people were approved with 580ish scores in EX ... didn't think they'd pull EQ (lowest of all three at 578). Now I feel stupid AND like I've given hubby bad advice!!

How badly have I messed up?! And needless to say, we won't be apping for any more for a long time! Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How bad did I screw up??!

Wonderin wrote:
Apped for several CCs this past month and now I'm not sure if I majorly screwed up in terms of inquiries or if they'll be "lumped together!"

Orchard: $300 approved -- one inquiry EX
Cap One: $1K approved -- one inquiry TU
BoA (hoping for 99/500) ? -- one inquiry EX
BoA checking account -- approved -- one inquiry EX
AmEx Delta -- denied -- one inquiry EQ (per their online decision)

So that's 5 inquiries spread over three CRAs in one month ... how ugly will it be in relation to hubby's scores??!!

We apped for Delta after checking out WGMC.com and saw that several people were approved with 580ish scores in EX ... didn't think they'd pull EQ (lowest of all three at 578). Now I feel stupid AND like I've given hubby bad advice!!

How badly have I messed up?! And needless to say, we won't be apping for any more for a long time! Smiley Sad

Inquiries won't be lumped together for credit card apps. Only for mortgage and auto loan's in a specified time period.

I would let the accounts he was approved for age for now. The scores *may* temporarily drop but will rebound within about 3 months and keep climbing as long as the accounts stay in good standing. I went on a couple of spree's myself and my scores went down but started climbing as the accounts started aging. It's possible if these are his only revolving accounts then his scores will go up. Depends really on the entire report.

Wait on applying for anything else for the time being. Continue working on cleaning baddies and when the scores improve, you will be able to get approved for much better lenders. I am stuck with some I would rather not have because I had no patience and did not think I would get as far as I did as quick as I did. Live and learn! All I can do is pass some advice to you.
Message 2 of 7
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Woah, Amex pulled EQ?  Really?  Egads!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am more suprised that CapOne only pulled TU-

Never seen them NOT pull all 3.

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, turns out they pulled ALL three. They did say in their decision that it was the low EQ score that killed the deal. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

So far, only TU has shown up as an alert on TC with Cap One. Though I apped the same day (bolstered by hubby's success) and they pulled EQ for me (my lowest, too).

Jeez ... I sure hope they don't pull EQ and get snitty about it and change their minds -- should I be worried about that?!
Message 6 of 7
heirophant
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

So far, only TU has shown up as an alert on TC with Cap One. Though I apped the same day (bolstered by hubby's success) and they pulled EQ for me (my lowest, too).

Jeez ... I sure hope they don't pull EQ and get snitty about it and change their minds -- should I be worried about that?!

Update your TC report.  It will list all inquiries as of right now.  You will know for sure what was pulled by who.  The alerts are behind a little bit.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.