cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my DW to pull her credit score?

tag
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Re: How can I get my DW to pull her credit score?

Thank you all for the suggestions. Divorce, not happening, the Priest said I have to keep her. Shopping, forget it, my wife is an intellectual, apparently they are averse to spending (although I'm quite fond of it) So, I'll give he the "if I died" bit. Maybe that will push her along. Oh wait......

Message 11 of 39
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It would make most sense for her to do a balance transfer and stop paying interest.

You can always say, "Hunny you should save some money on your CC interest by doing a balance xfer so you have more to shop with!" That should grab her attention Smiley Very Happy

I still believe this would work best with most of our ladies. Smiley Very Happy

She is not into shopping? Really? She must be from another world Smiley Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 12 of 39
GregB
Valued Contributor

Being willing to pay that kind of interest should be the first clue to get rid of her.

Resistance to fixing the problem is the next clue.

Sounds like it is going to get worse.

Message 13 of 39
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Maybe thats it...maybe she doesn't want to spend the money to pull her scores unless she actually needs to app for something.
Now, I realize that I dont' always think like a girl, but I am one... if you could appeal to her frugal side and point out the interest savings with a nice BT to a 0% card?

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 14 of 39
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Ok I think I made a bit of progress tonight, she is going to check out the free government pull tonight (I hope) I really just want to get her in some lower interest cards. It would save a ton in the long run.

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if she was an intelliectual thinker rather than a shopper, she should already be considering ways to stop paying interest.

Her scores are good enough for a balance transfer card. Transfer those balances to 0% cards and stop paying interest already!!!!

Message 16 of 39
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@codimom wrote:

Have you asked her why she is so resistant to pulling her scores?

I'm interested in this answer.

Why do you want her to pull them??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 39
distantarray
Established Contributor

man you make it sound like it's harder than to try to pull off her panties -_-;

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 18 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Married and completely seperate finances? (Just a question, sorry feel that doesn't read well!)

so if so, and you only know of the score about 2 years ago and she only has 2 cards?

you said 60% util. on what limit?

I would get her to apply for something like Citi, and call Discover and see if they could help her out with a lower rate for a bit because she has been with them for so long.

I would try to get all balances on 1 card, not spread out over 4... unless about to get mortgage or something keeping util is not the goal, it's get out of debt... 

but as mentioned and I have done a time or two Smiley Tongue pay off 2 cards to move to 1 and then flash forward 1 month... LOL 1, 2+ years and those paid off cards are maxed again and you barely made a dent in the new one that was suppose to help you out of debt... have time find the middle of what may cost more long term but keep you on target... 

Message 19 of 39
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Sooo...you ask her to do something, that doesn't hurt her...and she says no? Odd....

I'd tell her to go make me a sammich.

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.