cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my DW to pull her credit score?

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: How can I get my DW to pull her credit score?

I'm confused.

You said she's adverse to spending... with a 60% utilization?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 21 of 39
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

New Leech field, hot water heater, car repairs stuff for the kids, it all adds up fast without being frivolous.

Message 22 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

New Leech field, hot water heater, car repairs stuff for the kids, it all adds up fast without being frivolous.

So does that mean you have this same debt splitting these expenses or?

Message 23 of 39
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

We usually try to split big expenses, but I'm making a lot more money lately so I picked up her car payment of $350 per month. Seprate Checkbooks and accounts. She was late 30's when we got married and I was a little younger. So far it has worked out but a few years back when she lost her job, not so much.

Message 24 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

We usually try to split big expenses, but I'm making a lot more money lately so I picked up her car payment of $350 per month. Seprate Checkbooks and accounts. She was late 30's when we got married and I was a little younger. So far it has worked out but a few years back when she lost her job, not so much.

I'm way out of my league but maybe someone can chime in but depending on which state you live in, you say when you got married everything was fine financially until she lost her job and ran up these debts... They are now your debts too so you my as well work it out together to BT them to a nice long 0% for 15+ months that are available these days and pay off.  but like I said don't know what state in, etc.

Message 25 of 39
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'm way out of my league but maybe someone can chime in but depending on which state you live in, you say when you got married everything was fine financially until she lost her job and ran up these debts... They are now your debts too so you my as well work it out together to BT them to a nice long 0% for 15+ months that are available these days and pay off.  but like I said don't know what state in, etc.

This mentality only applies if he lives in a community property state, which there only like 9 states, which fall under this category...

After, learning of this, never understood, why people state, if your husband/wife have bad credit...you will too...I guess the same reason people say divorce will ruin your credit...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 26 of 39
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

FINALLY! SUCCESS! Got my DW to pull her CR. Only one baddie for $34! ug. Dentist bill sent to collection agency, good grief. So it was not as good as I thought, high 600's Utilization north of 60%. So I think she should look to spread the utilization around a bit, I'm hoping she can get a Chase Freedom with a decent CL, then she can shift some of that around to get some better utilization. Maybe Amex?

Message 27 of 39
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

See if you can PFD that baddie!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 28 of 39
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

FINALLY! SUCCESS! Got my DW to pull her CR. Only one baddie for $34! ug. Dentist bill sent to collection agency, good grief. So it was not as good as I thought, high 600's Utilization north of 60%. So I think she should look to spread the utilization around a bit, I'm hoping she can get a Chase Freedom with a decent CL, then she can shift some of that around to get some better utilization. Maybe Amex?

ouch gw that. whats her aaoa? 

chase freedom is def a good card to have. and does amex due balance trans? i dont think so. (well not on charge cards)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex will do a BT on a revolver... but I think her util. is too high for an amex revolver. I would try and go for the Freedom. To get a good CL, make sure you say you want to do a BT when you app. That typically pushes them to give a higher CL.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.