cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my DW to pull her credit score?

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: How can I get my DW to pull her credit score?

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex will do a BT on a revolver... but I think her util. is too high for an amex revolver. I would try and go for the Freedom. To get a good CL, make sure you say you want to do a BT when you app. That typically pushes them to give a higher CL.

not exactly. 

apped for mine over the phone and asked to bt 2k. and they only gave me 500. so obv the bt was denied. but i did get a storeless credit card. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditnocash wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex will do a BT on a revolver... but I think her util. is too high for an amex revolver. I would try and go for the Freedom. To get a good CL, make sure you say you want to do a BT when you app. That typically pushes them to give a higher CL.

not exactly. 

apped for mine over the phone and asked to bt 2k. and they only gave me 500. so obv the bt was denied. but i did get a storeless credit card. 

I didn't say they were the best at BT's, but someone mentioned they did not know if they did. Personally, I would never do one with them. You would want to go for probably an 18 month 0% interest BT. 

Message 32 of 39
mrcrush20
New Contributor

in cali we are a CP state whats hers is mine debt included

Spouse is reluctant to pull credit when making a purchasetheir could be any number of reasons they might not want to do so.  I seen this about 1 out of 15 times working loan and finance..  Have you even considered that they just might not want you to see something on their ? The worst case I seen of this was a car loan that was open in husbands name alone, for his GF and wife had no idea. He pulled me aside b4 we ran the app and asked me not to mention it. I of course would have no knowledge of what's secret and most of the time I would point out things to both of them that would stop or hander the loan.. One time the wife started ripping into her husband over a charged off secret CC.

I think partners should share financial obligations and credit history, I would not want to marry into 50 K of credit debt or have my partner incur that behind my back. 

pfd that CO only 35 should be ez

Message 33 of 39
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! AAoA looks to be about 6.5 years. I guess that's good. I'll have her try for a Chase today and then maybe an AMEX revolver.

Message 34 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

Thanks everyone! AAoA looks to be about 6.5 years. I guess that's good. I'll have her try for a Chase today and then maybe an AMEX revolver.

What Credit Report did you get? TU or EQ here on this site?

What are the Credit Lines Currently?

I'm not sure why you would want to apply for 2 more cards and BT half of each current card basically to spread out Util? again I would say that isn't really going to help her score most likely and if you are not buying anything soon why make it harder to payoff to improve a score that isn't needed right now "if" you can get approved for 2 new cards that will do the BT.

Amex is NOT a good idea for BT AT ALL!

Chase, they are iffy sometimes, yes collection very small but you might have to recon because the computer kicks it out for the collection.

look at barclay or pre-approval on Discover.

Message 35 of 39
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Good points. I think Chase Freedom will be a good starting point and go slowly from there. The other thing is to fix the dentist bill.

Message 36 of 39
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Still have a hard time following, how you ask your wife to do something, and she says no.

I'm only engaged, but glad my relationship isn't there yet, hopefully never gets there...

Now, where is she so I can tell her to go make me sammich.

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 37 of 39
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Xxravenxx...

Its called a relationship where someone trusts their partner enough to know that their "no" will be listened to and talked about.

I'm married. If my husband asks me if he can spend 80 bucks on something and I say, no, wait two weeks, then he knows that if he did it now I would be upset.

Also, I asked him back in july if I could app for a business card, actually two of them. He said no, we talked about it and our goals and he was right.

Permission and support from both parties is important when you are in a partnership. You don't want to steamroll ahead and you each need to have the ability to single handedly put the brakes on if you don't feel comfortable with something.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 38 of 39
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Aka....hiding something...

Spending 100 bucks that you don't have, is no where the same as getting someone to do something that's essentially free..

I've seen scenarios like this, where a husband didn't want his wife to see the vehicle that he bought for his girlfriend.

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.