cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make sure I get a Visa Sig?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: How can I make sure I get a Visa Sig?

The only guaranteed visa sig cards are generally the cobranded ones mentioned and you will shell out far more in AFs than you get in benefits if you are just getting it because its visa sig. Even venture has a 59 AF. The point is that you seem to be enamored with the benefits without thinking about whether they are practical. Yes price protection is nice but ever try to actually use it? These things are made a PITA to use tl discourage people from doing so. Its unlikely you will reap much benefit.

Theres nothing wrong with wanting visa sig but IMO you should select a no AF card that has visa sig and apply when your profile is best and youll have a good chance. Visa sig isnt going anywhere.
Message 21 of 64
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Minimum-income-requirement-for-visa-signature-cards/td-p/1764794

Thanks, I actually remembered reading that thread.

Looks like an income requirement of ~30k is necessary. 

My daugheter who is 24 with an annual income of $23 k got approved for a Cap One QS Sig with a starting CL of $10 k.

Her FICO's are all 740+

Message 22 of 64
washington12
Regular Contributor

My income is about 20k and I got the venture1 for 10k signature. My highest before was fingerhut under 2k so I wasn't expecting that, but my scores jumped up no missed payments and inquires were falling off.
Starting Score: 539eq 482tu 509ex
Current Score: 539eq 482tu 509ex
Goal Score: 650eq 650tu 650ex

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading this thread, I checked my visas to see which ones are Visa Sig. lol Two not mentioned I don't think are the PenFed Rewards and the BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa. If I missed these in the thread, I apologize.

Message 24 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's a prime example of lenders that WAY over extend
Message 25 of 64
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Or they simply have a lot of faith. Lol

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 26 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah. faith in over extending lol.
Message 27 of 64
kdong1996
Regular Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
I think you need be at least 21 for any pre quals to come up. If I'm not mistaken that is.

Not necessarily true, I was pre-qualed for all three flagship Chase cards at the lowest APR rates when I turned 18 due to an AU account. I also received an American Express Gold invitation a month before my 18th birthday. 

OP: One thing to take into consideration is that there are cards that can be converted to Visa Sig after reaching a sufficient limit or through a PC. The Chase Freedom can be converted to a Visa Sig after reaching 5k and US Bank's Cash Rewards can be PCed to a Visa Sig Cash+

Message 28 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Have you checked the Capital One prequal site for Venture or Venture One? I apped with scores lower than yours, even though I had no prequal. Was approved for Venture @ $15k and Venture 1 @ $7.5k.  Both are Visa Signature cards, btw.

I believe my credit history is too short to be pre-qualified, as I already checked. Thanks for the info. 

I thought your AAoA is 10 years? Not short and I have a BK reporting from 2011. I guess you need to decide if you want to cold app for a Venture. As I stated, I did and was approved instantly. Venture is for sure a Signature card, not Venture 1.  Up to you, as I understand you are just asking for feedback. Smiley Happy

Edit: I think at your age, you might have typo'd your AAoA. Smiley Wink

Haha, any reasonable person would think I typo'd my AAoA.

I'm AU under a couple of my parents cards. One Discover (20 years), One Lexus card (15 yrs), Another Discover (10 yrs) and another one around 10 years. Didn't calculate aaoa, but I'm pretty sure its over 10. This is also why I had a 739 credit score right when I turned 18. 

I'm planning to get Venture, but not at the moment since I have other cards on my mind besides that. 

You were added as an AU two years before you were born? You must have very prescient parents.

Message 29 of 64
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

What's the big deal about visa sig anyway?

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 30 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.