cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make sure I get a Visa Sig?

tag
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: How can I make sure I get a Visa Sig?

Please know what you're talking about before you speak. Especially before saying nonsense like "proved you wrong twice now." Although, it did give me a damn good laugh!

QS only offers 1.5% compared to V's 2x miles. So your math below is incorrect. I won't even bother to go into specifics numbers since I see what kind of person you are. I certainly have better things to do with MY time.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 41 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

The benefits are nice to have, but not worth an app on their own, is basically my point.

I disagree, if you get a Visa sig with rewards, the rewards will more than pay for the AF. So why not go for the perks?

It isn't necessary to get a card with an annual fee to get a Visa Sig with rewards. For example, the Freedom comes as a VS if the CL is $5K or higher.

Message 42 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

my cashRewards is a free VS. and do the math i know what each care offers. i calculated it lol. do $10,000 x .02 and subtract $59 for AF
then do $10,000 x .015 and that number is $150 vs the venture's $141

any further questions pumpkin?
Message 43 of 64
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Well sweetie, I don't know, I plan on using my V card for taxes, student loans and possibly rent so for me that's $34,000-$46,000 x 2 which equals $68,000-$92,000 compared to $51,000-$69,000. So as I stated, rewards far exceed the AF. And that's just 2-3 of my monthly bills. And I'm sure there are many out there who get great beneifts from their rewards card.

So please stop with your ignorant nonsense.

Message 44 of 64
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It isn't necessary to get a card with an annual fee to get a Visa Sig with rewards. For example, the Freedom comes as a VS if the CL is $5K or higher.

Oh I know, but I prefer to not have to watch out for "bonus catagories" to get the additional bump in bonus percentage.

Message 45 of 64
Open123
Super Contributor

I think you guys are comparing apples to oranges here.  For the first year, when you take into account the fee waiver and sign up bonus, it's a better value on the first year to the QS, in all scenarios.  

However, if we exclude the sign up bonus and look to the second year where fees are considered, then a certain spend threshold must be met before the Venture becomes a better value than the QS.

Message 46 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

and you proved my OTHER point. depends on spend level.
and again, you don't have to have an AF card to make it worth it. you're like arguing with an elementary school kid. you bring up useless points and go in circles of thing that make no sense.
Message 47 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be nice guys. Before someone comes along with warnings and/or a mild threat of locking this thread. I think you've both made your point.
Rewards dont always cover or exceed the AF for everyone depending on spend patterns, LadyJ for you they clearly do. Smiley Happy
Message 48 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

I think you guys are comparing apples to oranges here.  For the first year, when you take into account the fee waiver and sign up bonus, it's a better value on the first year to the QS, in all scenarios.  

However, if we exclude the sign up bonus and look to the second year where fees are considered, then a certain spend threshold must be met before the Venture becomes a better value than the QS.

Plus the 2x points on the Venture is travel, not cash. If one doesn't travel, the QS is a far better choice.

Message 49 of 64
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Oh please, your initial post stated nothing about spend levels. Act like you have some backbone and either stand behind your initial post, or apologize for your ignorant statement. So much for we're all adults here I see.

Message 50 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.