cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make sure I get a Visa Sig?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: How can I make sure I get a Visa Sig?

@Open123 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

People upthread are arguing about something that I didn't even suggest. My point was not "Venture's rewards justify the AF"; my point was "Visa Signature benefits in and of themselves are not worth paying an AF"

Meaning, applying for a product just to get a Visa Sig, and you don't otherwise want/need the card, is not worth $59 a year or whatever. It's just not. Again. price protection, warranties, all that good stuff...yes, it's nice. You will also be able to count on one hand the number of times you use it in a decade for most people. Certainly nothing to prioritize. Wait until a card you actually otherwise want comes along, and apply for it. Most (not all, but MOST!) Visa credit cards come in Signature versions for high enough limits (and other criteria).

In regards to LadyJ's point, the Venture isn't just a Signature standalone card, but is accompanied by free first year, 2X spending, and $400 in travel value.   I'd say this is a pretty good deal.

Right, it just seems like OP just wants a Visa Sig just because and will basically just pick a card out of thin air as long as it's a Visa Sig. That approach is what I am recommending against. Find a card that suits you and that also comes in a Sig version if such a thing is important to you. OP is working backwards.

Message 61 of 64
myjourney
Super Contributor

Debates have different opinions and both sides are encouraged to list their points 

Bickering tho usually leads to not respecting each others view .....that will not be tolerated 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 62 of 64
Open123
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Right, it just seems like OP just wants a Visa Sig just because and will basically just pick a card out of thin air as long as it's a Visa Sig. That approach is what I am recommending against. Find a card that suits you and that also comes in a Sig version if such a thing is important to you. OP is working backwards.

Oh, I see.  Yes, you're right.

My bad for not reading the entire thread!  Sometimes, I far too expedient when posting some of my replies!

Message 63 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

People upthread are arguing about something that I didn't even suggest. My point was not "Venture's rewards justify the AF"; my point was "Visa Signature benefits in and of themselves are not worth paying an AF"

Meaning, applying for a product just to get a Visa Sig, and you don't otherwise want/need the card, is not worth $59 a year or whatever. It's just not. Again. price protection, warranties, all that good stuff...yes, it's nice. You will also be able to count on one hand the number of times you use it in a decade for most people. Certainly nothing to prioritize. Wait until a card you actually otherwise want comes along, and apply for it. Most (not all, but MOST!) Visa credit cards come in Signature versions for high enough limits (and other criteria).

In regards to LadyJ's point, the Venture isn't just a Signature standalone card, but is accompanied by free first year, 2X spending, and $400 in travel value.   I'd say this is a pretty good deal.

Not sure if you ignored my post or not, but that is NOT my intention at all. 

Quoted from page 4 of this thread in response to your comments:

I did not mean to come off as defensive or offensive. Only wanted to get my point across. My main goal for this thread was to see which cards actually would actually warrant a Visa Sig. I will be applying anyways, so it's nice to know what you're going to get. But yes, I do agree, I am not going to apply just for a VS, but rather for the rewards benefits. But why not get both while you're at it?

It's always nice to hear your opinions, though!

Message 64 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.