cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

We just added our grown daughter to our Sears Citi MC. We asked first, and they said that they report AUs to the CRAs. They did not ask her SS#, nor did they ask her address. We asked for her to have her own card, so apparently it will come to our address.

Will this ever report if they didn't ask any of her details?

BTW, DH made the call, as it is his card (I'm an AU as well). So...no...none of my questions were asked of the CSR...

Training husbands is so difficult....................

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

Addresses get matched up.

I got added as an AU as well, no social security was asked...it hit both EX and TU but not EQ (as of yet - TU hit around 08/23/09 and same time frame for EX) . no idea why EQ isn't reporting.

Also, not all cards AU gets reported on credit reports. BOFA does...

Also i think it takes about 30 days from the time you make the call ---

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 43
Established Contributor

Hi LynnetteM,

I have read here that some do ask and some do not ask for a S.S.N. I recently put my son on my NFCU CC and they did ask for his S.S.N. and like you I asked the specific question (reporting to all three CRAs) before I made him an AU.

Exacty how this can be done wothout a S.S.N is a great question! I believe an AU can be reported without one however.

I expect a member here may be able answer your specfic question ( and mine ).

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-13-2009 10:21 AM
Message 3 of 43
Established Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

Addresses get matched up.

I got added as an AU as well, no social security was asked...it hit both EX and TU but not EQ (as of yet - TU hit around 08/23/09 and same time frame for EX) . no idea why EQ isn't reporting.

Also, not all cards AU gets reported on credit reports. BOFA does...

Also i think it takes about 30 days from the time you make the call ---

Interesting daisyduke...this just seems a bit nonsecure to me though.  

Message 4 of 43
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

And...they didn't ask her address....or her SS#.

I was just curious whether or not to ever expect this to report on her credit reports.

We'll wait a couple of months. If it's not reporting for her, we'll call and see if they will "fix" it. They shouldn't tell us that it would report if they then don't get enough information to report.

Message 5 of 43
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

yeah, i know Plastic man...but when I got added to BOFA card, the ss was NOT asked...and boom it popped up through address matching. Hauling shared that information.....i had no idea reporting could be done just by address matching...but it did work...

Message 6 of 43
Established Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

I was just curious whether or not to ever expect this to report on her credit reports.

We'll wait a couple of months. If it's not reporting for her, we'll call and see if they will "fix" it. They shouldn't tell us that it would report if they then don't get enough information to report.

Are they sending the card to your address?

Message 7 of 43
Established Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:
yeah, i know Plastic man...but when I got added to BOFA card, the ss was NOT asked...and boom it popped up through address matching. Hauling shared that information.....i had no idea reporting could be done just by address matching...but it did work...

Hauling is an expert...she would definately know!Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 43
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

@LynetteM wrote:

Are they sending the card to your address?

Apparently...

Message 9 of 43
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

When I got added as an AU to another persons card, they did not ask my address or my ss number. like magic, EX and TU picked it up about 30 days later....

I happen to have the same mailing address as the card holder however.

I can tell you that one of my coworkers was added to his father's CC - - father and son do not have same address, but they live close to each other (i

forget which CC company, i think it was a big bank CC)  eventully it hit is CR...six weeks.

do a search in the forum for the name of the company an AU...might be helpful to determine IF the card reports Au's....

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.