Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,682
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

We just added our grown daughter to our Sears Citi MC. We asked first, and they said that they report AUs to the CRAs. They did not ask her SS#, nor did they ask her address. We asked for her to have her own card, so apparently it will come to our address.

 

Will this ever report if they didn't ask any of her details?

 

BTW, DH made the call, as it is his card (I'm an AU as well). So...no...none of my questions were asked of the CSR...

 

Training husbands is so difficult....................

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,320
Registered: ‎04-18-2009
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

Addresses get matched up.

 

I got added as an AU as well, no social security was asked...it hit both EX and TU but not EQ (as of yet - TU hit around 08/23/09 and same time frame for EX) . no idea why EQ isn't reporting.

 

Also, not all cards AU gets reported on credit reports. BOFA does...

 

Also i think it takes about 30 days from the time you make the call ---

 


Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

[ Edited ]

Hi LynnetteM,

 

I have read here that some do ask and some do not ask for a S.S.N. I recently put my son on my NFCU CC and they did ask for his S.S.N. and like you I asked the specific question (reporting to all three CRAs) before I made him an AU.

 

Exacty how this can be done wothout a S.S.N is a great question! I believe an AU can be reported without one however.

 

I expect a member here may be able answer your specfic question ( and mine ).

 

 

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-13-2009 10:21 AM
Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


daisyduke wrote:

Addresses get matched up.

 

I got added as an AU as well, no social security was asked...it hit both EX and TU but not EQ (as of yet - TU hit around 08/23/09 and same time frame for EX) . no idea why EQ isn't reporting.

 

Also, not all cards AU gets reported on credit reports. BOFA does...

 

Also i think it takes about 30 days from the time you make the call ---

 


Interesting daisyduke...this just seems a bit nonsecure to me though.  

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,682
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

And...they didn't ask her address....or her SS#.

 

I was just curious whether or not to ever expect this to report on her credit reports.

 

We'll wait a couple of months. If it's not reporting for her, we'll call and see if they will "fix" it. They shouldn't tell us that it would report if they then don't get enough information to report.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,320
Registered: ‎04-18-2009
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

yeah, i know Plastic man...but when I got added to BOFA card, the ss was NOT asked...and boom it popped up through address matching. Hauling shared that information.....i had no idea reporting could be done just by address matching...but it did work...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


LynetteM wrote:

And...they didn't ask her address....or her SS#.

 

I was just curious whether or not to ever expect this to report on her credit reports.

 

We'll wait a couple of months. If it's not reporting for her, we'll call and see if they will "fix" it. They shouldn't tell us that it would report if they then don't get enough information to report.


Are they sending the card to your address?

Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


daisyduke wrote:
yeah, i know Plastic man...but when I got added to BOFA card, the ss was NOT asked...and boom it popped up through address matching. Hauling shared that information.....i had no idea reporting could be done just by address matching...but it did work...

Hauling is an expert...she would definately know!:smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,682
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


plasticman wrote:

LynetteM wrote:

And...they didn't ask her address....or her SS#.

 

I was just curious whether or not to ever expect this to report on her credit reports.

 

We'll wait a couple of months. If it's not reporting for her, we'll call and see if they will "fix" it. They shouldn't tell us that it would report if they then don't get enough information to report.


Are they sending the card to your address?


Apparently...

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,320
Registered: ‎04-18-2009
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

When I got added as an AU to another persons card, they did not ask my address or my ss number. like magic, EX and TU picked it up about 30 days later....

 

I happen to have the same mailing address as the card holder however.

 

I can tell you that one of my coworkers was added to his father's CC - - father and son do not have same address, but they live close to each other (i

forget which CC company, i think it was a big bank CC)  eventully it hit is CR...six weeks.

 

do a search in the forum for the name of the company an AU...might be helpful to determine IF the card reports Au's....

 

 


Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.