Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


LynetteM wrote:

plasticman wrote:

LynetteM wrote:

And...they didn't ask her address....or her SS#.

 

I was just curious whether or not to ever expect this to report on her credit reports.

 

We'll wait a couple of months. If it's not reporting for her, we'll call and see if they will "fix" it. They shouldn't tell us that it would report if they then don't get enough information to report.


Are they sending the card to your address?


Apparently...


LOLx2:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,681
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


daisyduke wrote:

When I got added as an AU to another persons card, they did not ask my address or my ss number. like magic, EX and TU picked it up about 30 days later....

 

I happen to have the same mailing address as the card holder however.

 

I can tell you that one of my coworkers was added to his father's CC - - father and son do not have same address, but they live close to each other (i

forget which CC company, i think it was a big bank CC)  eventully it hit is CR...six weeks.

 

do a search in the forum for the name of the company an AU...might be helpful to determine IF the card reports Au's....

 

 


We asked them before we even added her. They said yes.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,214
Registered: ‎09-12-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

AU accounts can be matched up in a variety of ways.  If they ask SSN and/or DOB, they can use these.  If not, they can ask for address.

 

If they ask for nothing, then usually it has to do with some previously reported association the AU has with the statement/billing address of the primary cardholder.

 

If you have a common address, then this is how it is matched.

 

In fact, sometimes if you look at your "known addresses" you may find the Primary Account holder statement address has been added to the AU CR.

 

 

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator


09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,681
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


txjohn wrote:

AU accounts can be matched up in a variety of ways.  If they ask SSN and/or DOB, they can use these.  If not, they can ask for address.

 

If they ask for nothing, then usually it has to do with some previously reported association the AU has with the statement/billing address of the primary cardholder.

 

If you have a common address, then this is how it is matched.

 

In fact, sometimes if you look at your "known addresses" you may find the Primary Account holder statement address has been added to the AU CR.

 

 


That's how our son's address got on our credit reports. We were AUs on his AmEx.

Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


txjohn wrote:

AU accounts can be matched up in a variety of ways.  If they ask SSN and/or DOB, they can use these.  If not, they can ask for address.

 

If they ask for nothing, then usually it has to do with some previously reported association the AU has with the statement/billing address of the primary cardholder.

 

If you have a common address, then this is how it is matched.

 

In fact, sometimes if you look at your "known addresses" you may find the Primary Account holder statement address has been added to the AU CR.

 

 


txjohn,

 

This is very interesting to me. Thanks for posting this information!

Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

Hi LynetteM,

 

Did the bank ask for your daughters D.O.B. as txjohn suggested they might have used?

 

btw..I sent you a PM

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,681
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


plasticman wrote:

Hi LynetteM,

 

Did the bank ask for your daughters D.O.B. as txjohn suggested they might have used?

 

btw..I sent you a PM


 

Nope. They asked us to spell her name...that was it.

 

This will be an experiment to see if it reports...and, if not...how much work it will be to get it to report for her.

Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


LynetteM wrote:

plasticman wrote:

Hi LynetteM,

 

Did the bank ask for your daughters D.O.B. as txjohn suggested they might have used?

 

btw..I sent you a PM


 

Nope. They asked us to spell her name...that was it.

 

This will be an experiment to see if it reports...and, if not...how much work it will be to get it to report for her.


I suspect they must already know something sufficient enough ( big brother and all ). What it is...who knows?

 

Please let us know the results of the "experiment".

 

Good luck!

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

The real question is will the CRB's just allow you to add an address record to your file at will. That would solve the whole problem. If my parents added me as an AU to one of their cards (something I might want them to do actually) I don't know how they would match it up, I have never lived at their current address.
Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
The real question is will the CRB's just allow you to add an address record to your file at will. That would solve the whole problem. If my parents added me as an AU to one of their cards (something I might want them to do actually) I don't know how they would match it up, I have never lived at their current address.

Question:

 

Since one can only dispute inaccurate info on their CBR as reported by a lender, would not this be a problem? Or is my premise inaccurate to begin with?

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.