cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

tag
Established Contributor

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

@LynetteM wrote:

@plasticman wrote:

@LynetteM wrote:

And...they didn't ask her address....or her SS#.

I was just curious whether or not to ever expect this to report on her credit reports.

We'll wait a couple of months. If it's not reporting for her, we'll call and see if they will "fix" it. They shouldn't tell us that it would report if they then don't get enough information to report.

Are they sending the card to your address?

Apparently...

LOLx2Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 43
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

When I got added as an AU to another persons card, they did not ask my address or my ss number. like magic, EX and TU picked it up about 30 days later....

I happen to have the same mailing address as the card holder however.

I can tell you that one of my coworkers was added to his father's CC - - father and son do not have same address, but they live close to each other (i

forget which CC company, i think it was a big bank CC)  eventully it hit is CR...six weeks.

do a search in the forum for the name of the company an AU...might be helpful to determine IF the card reports Au's....

We asked them before we even added her. They said yes.

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU accounts can be matched up in a variety of ways.  If they ask SSN and/or DOB, they can use these.  If not, they can ask for address.

If they ask for nothing, then usually it has to do with some previously reported association the AU has with the statement/billing address of the primary cardholder.

If you have a common address, then this is how it is matched.

In fact, sometimes if you look at your "known addresses" you may find the Primary Account holder statement address has been added to the AU CR.

Message 13 of 43
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AU accounts can be matched up in a variety of ways.  If they ask SSN and/or DOB, they can use these.  If not, they can ask for address.

If they ask for nothing, then usually it has to do with some previously reported association the AU has with the statement/billing address of the primary cardholder.

In fact, sometimes if you look at your "known addresses" you may find the Primary Account holder statement address has been added to the AU CR.

That's how our son's address got on our credit reports. We were AUs on his AmEx.

Message 14 of 43
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

txjohn,

This is very interesting to me. Thanks for posting this information!

Message 15 of 43
Established Contributor

Hi LynetteM,

Did the bank ask for your daughters D.O.B. as txjohn suggested they might have used?

btw..I sent you a PM

Message 16 of 43
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

Hi LynetteM,

Did the bank ask for your daughters D.O.B. as txjohn suggested they might have used?

btw..I sent you a PM

Nope. They asked us to spell her name...that was it.

This will be an experiment to see if it reports...and, if not...how much work it will be to get it to report for her.

Message 17 of 43
Established Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

@plasticman wrote:

Hi LynetteM,

btw..I sent you a PM

Nope. They asked us to spell her name...that was it.

This will be an experiment to see if it reports...and, if not...how much work it will be to get it to report for her.

I suspect they must already know something sufficient enough ( big brother and all ). What it is...who knows?

Please let us know the results of the "experiment".

Good luck!

Message 18 of 43
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The real question is will the CRB's just allow you to add an address record to your file at will. That would solve the whole problem. If my parents added me as an AU to one of their cards (something I might want them to do actually) I don't know how they would match it up, I have never lived at their current address.
Message 19 of 43
Established Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
The real question is will the CRB's just allow you to add an address record to your file at will. That would solve the whole problem. If my parents added me as an AU to one of their cards (something I might want them to do actually) I don't know how they would match it up, I have never lived at their current address.

Question:

Since one can only dispute inaccurate info on their CBR as reported by a lender, would not this be a problem? Or is my premise inaccurate to begin with?

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.