Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you get off of a CC as AU?

tag
let
Regular Contributor

How can you get off of a CC as AU?

Ok,well after singing the praises of this sight to anyone who will listen, my mother has asked me to help her with her credit.

Her TU is 498  EQ was 607.  Right now she is going through a "break up" with her long time significant other.  Not that this matters but she made more money than him and paid all of the bills.  But here is the kicker his credit was better than hers and he had some CC's Dillards, JCP and I believe a Visa.

Well, since my mother is no longer paying his bills, guess what? His CC's are no longer getting paid.  And scorewatch just sent an e mail that her EQ dropped 78 points.  How can she get off of his CC's.  And just a foot note, he probably will not be very helpful.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can you get off of a CC as AU?

Dispute the accounts with the CRA's as "Account Not Mine" which it is not.  AU is not financially responsible and therefore is not a factor when lenders determine credit worthiness (although it can help/hurt FICO).

It would be best if she had herself removed as an authorized user with the CCC's as well.  Once she is removed, the CCC's should eventually update and remove it off her CR's.  However, disputing them will get them off, usually in anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

If the online dispute ends up getting "verified" write a letter to the CRA.  AU account is NOT your account, is not your financial responsibility, and therefore is not something you must have on your credit.

1.  Remove from CCC as AU.

2.  Dispute CRA's (Account Not Mine)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.