cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come I don't get any pre-approval letters?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How come I don't get any pre-approval letters?

you need to check your innovis credit report!!! call the 800 num on the innovis.com website and you can order it and its like 8 dollars. they are the ones that decided what type of credit your offered and from who and give the sug. to the big 3 they review and send out. I know for fact that hsbc and cap.one reports to these.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

you need to check your innovis credit report!!! call the 800 num on the innovis.com website and you can order it and its like 8 dollars. they are the ones that decided what type of credit your offered and from who and give the sug. to the big 3 they review and send out. I know for fact that hsbc and cap.one reports to these.

You can request a free report from them under FCRA thingy if you havent already within the past 365 days.

Message 22 of 31
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sorry, but I am unable to follow what is this response for and what is this info based on? Are you saying that innovis (not the card issuers) decide who gets credit and from which lender?

I have never heard of anything like this.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 23 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@vish1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sorry, but I am unable to follow what is this response for and what is this info based on? Are you saying that innovis (not the card issuers) decide who gets credit and from which lender?

I have never heard of anything like this.

+1

I've heard of Innovis, but I am very, very skeptical that major lenders pay much attention to them.

If anyone does want to get in a lather about Innovis, they're pretty famous for having only some of your accounts + wrong info. They keep trying to be the 4th credit bureau, but I don't think that they're getting very far.

Here's a 2008 Wiki article about them, apparently updated in Nov 2010.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 31
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

Who knows what is really true all I know is that when I asked for my free report I couldn't get one. I had to pay like 7 $ or something like that for mine and when I got it the only credit that was reported was american express and cap one card and one page I saw said they have sent my report and pre app to EX TU and EQ  for the following companies HSBC GEMB AMEX WFNB DIS and DSNB so I think they probably have some role to play in it!!!

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 25 of 31
vish1
Valued Contributor

@creditguy-378 wrote:

Who knows what is really true all I know is that when I asked for my free report I couldn't get one. I had to pay like 7 $ or something like that for mine and when I got it the only credit that was reported was american express and cap one card and one page I saw said they have sent my report and pre app to EX TU and EQ  for the following companies HSBC GEMB AMEX WFNB DIS and DSNB so I think they probably have some role to play in it!!!

Apologies but, can you please rephrase this? I am not able to understand this.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 26 of 31
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

my bad for the mix up. I ment to say I saw my report said they gave my innovis report with there recom. of credit  for the following comp.   ( I listed in my previous post) to the big 3. I'm sure they play some role in the pre qual. because I recieved pre app. from HSBC DIS and GEMB ; 3 of the comp. listed on my innovis report that they said they sent pre qual. too

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 27 of 31
vish1
Valued Contributor

I am still confused. I don't think that CBs are allowed to recommend credit. Do you mind pasting the exact text that you have in your CR (offcourse, after removing your personal info)?

Message 28 of 31
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

What I posted is what it says on my Innovis report we have sent your c.r. And  info. With pre qual. offers of credit for these companies (the ones I posted in my original post)   to ex eq and tu that is on my 2 page of the innovis report on the first page was a credit pull from when I app. For my cap one card 8 years ago and the pull from when I got my amex card 5 years ago then it showed both acc. and payment history paid as agreed then below that was a section for collections and judgments my report said none ever on record and that's it.

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think a couple of posters are a little confused about Innovis.  One poster above is correct in saying that if you are not receiving offers for credit, it may be linked to your Innovis report.  Innovis doesn't sell credit reports or scores to lenders so much as they sell a database they keep of consumers with late payments or defaults on their reports.  Lenders can then run their prospective mailing lists against that database and weed out the ones who come up as having been late or in default before.

I can't find any evidence that Innovis "recommends" consumers to lenders - it's more like they recommend *against* some people for previous actions.  Also, Innovis is supposed to be a pain in the neck to deal with - and they apparently aren't required to (and one voluntarily) give consumers a free copy of their report unless the consumer is unemployed, on public assistance or believes their is fraudulent info on their report.  Sounds like a peach of a company, right? Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.