cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did I get approved for American Express?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

How did I get approved for American Express?

I didn't expect it at all. People said it's the hardest company to get approved for. Especially with all my inquiries.

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How did I get approved for American Express?

Amex is not as difficult as you might expect.  CS of 620's have been approved for charge cards.

Use it wisely and don't ask why. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 41
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

People tend to view Amex as the card to show that they've made it in the credit world. I think they were viewed as being more prestigious in the past, but they were easier to get approved for than US Bank and Discover in my own experience.
Message 3 of 41
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I got approved for Blue because I didn't think I'd get approved for Blue Cash Everyday. I called and the woman didn't know if I upgraded when I get the card if it would effect my credit history.

Message 4 of 41
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
People tend to view Amex as the card to show that they've made it in the credit world. I think they were viewed as being more prestigious in the past, but they were easier to get approved for than US Bank and Discover in my own experience.

Discover IT - $4,000

American Express Blue - $500

Message 5 of 41
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Be happy and don't ask questions.

Baby it and mark your calendar for 61 days from now...lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 41
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

Be happy and don't ask questions.

Baby it and mark your calendar for 61 days from now...lol.

If they increase my limit lol. 

Message 7 of 41
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Whats the diff between Blue & BCE?  I thought they were the same.  Smiley Happy

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 8 of 41
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

No cash rewards on Blue lol.

Message 9 of 41
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

No cash rewards on Blue lol.

But Blue give 1 dollar 1MR point, same as normal Green, Gold charge card. I am thinking cancel my green and get a blue to reserve my MR points. And you dont have to pay AF for blue! That's only AMEX card that can earn MR point without AF! And one of the two revolers that earn MR, other one is AF 95 dollars Benz credit card. Since I value MR point to 1pt 2.5 cents. I really think Blue is a good card to put those off reward category purchase on it.

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.