cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you find out about this forum?

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How did you find out about this forum?

Google.

(ETA): I found other forums, too. But, I settled on this one because I appreciated the respectful, professional and adult tone here. Just felt like mentioning that. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was googling around for thoughts/opinions when I started apping for new cards. Stumbled on a few forums but this one was way more active than all the others. Took a look around, became edumacated, and got hooked! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 39
nomoore
Contributor

A friend found myFICO when going through a rough part in his life. He told me about you guys.

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this forum by a google search. Just apped and approved for a capital one card with the full intent of ditching that card ASAP for a travel rewards card after I built up some history. Been hooked ever since and was shocked at how well my score grew and I definitely love learning about all the ins and outs of the credit world here.

Message 14 of 39
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I googled for repair advice and settled on a different forum. Their advice led me to believe there was better out there and someone on there suggested I come to myFICO.

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

While in "repair" mode, I surfed around to a few websites, but I kept coming back here due to the friendly atmosphere, and the more realistic advice from people who had a pay-it-forward attitude. I remember coming out of lurkdom at some other website to ask a question-- I got absolutely slammed because someone else had apparently asked a similar question before. The mean-spirited responses (all denoting that I hadn't used their somewhat complicated new search feature) were so shocking that I never went back. I resumed lurking here, taking in the advice, and putting it into practice. And then, one day I posted. I've never had cause to go looking for information, advice, or support on any credit-related issue since. I'll take tried & true any day!

Message 16 of 39
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

My story is much like the one LilMirth told. I was just surfing around different financial forums looking at what advice there was out there. I joined one several years ago (no, not the "bad" ones) and it was ok but the spirit and level of support wasn't very good. One day I saw a reference to myFICO and decided to check it out.

I must be honest that at first I was not very impressed. It seemed like all anyone talked about was their (what I saw) obsession with FICO scores. Thread after thread was filled with how their scores went up 2 points this month and down 2 points the next month and I thought this is not the right place for me and so I went back to the "other site" for awhile.

But I would come back here from time to time to lurk and finally began to realize that this is so much more than talk of FICO scores. I started reading hundreds of older threads and began to pick up the pesonalities of different members and learned who was helpful, who was cranky, etc.

And since July of 2009 this is the only forum I participate in.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 17 of 39
namvet
Established Contributor

Google refered me here!

Message 18 of 39
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I needed my fico score so I found the community listed under myfico

+1

Message 19 of 39
learnin113
Established Contributor

I honestly cannot remember...musta been googling info regarding a specific credit card.

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.