cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you find out about this forum?

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: How did you find out about this forum?

@tinuviel wrote:

Google.

(ETA): I found other forums, too. But, I settled on this one because I appreciated the respectful, professional and adult tone here. Just felt like mentioning that. Smiley Happy

This.

When I was first trying to build credit (in school), and having a very difficult time doing so (right after the crisis and CARD act), I did a lot of Google searching.  I found many places, but this seemed to be the place where people were interested in being helpful, respectful, and professional, as well as doing things the fair and honest way (a lot of boards out there will discuss less than ethical ways to do certain things).  I'm very glad to be a part of what feels like a little community here, being able to both share knowledge I have and also create endless threads asking questions.  I also enjoy reading other random threads to learn from other people.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 21 of 39
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

When my landlord ran my credit and asked "can you explain the $600 collection and $300+ judgment on your credit report?"  I got the apartment, but went online to check my credit report and found this site in the google search, and really liked the community. At that time I had a few collections, and a judgment on my report, and no open credit lines anywhere for over 8 years.

Since joining my score has increased, I'm down to one old baddie, and I have a mortgage, a car loan, and 4 cc accounts.  I've also become addicted to watching my score go up and down! 

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 22 of 39
learnin113
Established Contributor

I just wish I had found this site like 2 years ago, to be honest.  I really would have been in great credit shape by now.

Message 23 of 39
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have been here so long I have forgotten how I got here.  Rather like the story of my life  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 24 of 39
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You're a permanent fixture here, MV. I honestly thought you worked for FICO when I first stumbled on here.

Message 25 of 39
creditchief
Regular Contributor

I think it was by a guy named Steven Snyder.

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google.  I don't even remember what I was looking up, but this is the first (and only) credit related forum/site that I've ever been to.  Glad I got to the best one first!

Message 27 of 39
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I discovered an erroneous collection on my CR. I followed the bad advice from the EX rep and called the CA. Then I Googled something to find out how to deal with an unscrupulous CA, and found this forum. I was struck by how friendly everyone seemed and the posts saying how much help they had gotten from here. Since I was just re-establishing credit, this seemed like the perfect place for me. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 28 of 39
ferrari
Regular Contributor

if I hadn't already googled it years ago I would've found out today by a Discover rep in the CLI department. She recommended this forum for credit education and was surprised to know that I am already a member

Message 29 of 39
jwduke
Regular Contributor

From a link on another board.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.