cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?

Established Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I really think they do! When I got my Travelocity Amex, the Credit Analyst mentioned my highest limit card at the time, a Lowe's card...
Then when I got my Chase Freedom on recon, the Credit Analyst essentially mentioned the same thing...

oh, that's good news for me as my GE cards are slowly but surely increasing..... Hopefully they will be in 3 digits by the time I'm ready to apply for a prime card


Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?


Razeus wrote:

From my latest app spree, I was successful and finally got myself big boy limits.  

 

I've also had a hard time getting decent limits due to past credit issues, but I've been working to resolve that issue, and the hard work has paid off.  Hopefully, I'll continue to get big boy limits in 6 months when I go for the Citi Diamond Preferred and CSP since I'll have "experience" with $5k+ limits.  In 60 days, hopefully AMEX will bump my BCE to $3k (and in 6 months, $9k, in a year, $15k+).

I've had 3 CapOne's for $300 and 2 $500's, which I was able to merge as one account, and a Barclay's card for $500, which I recently CLI'd to $850.  They've served their purpose and got me through rough times, but once I get acquainted with my new cards, they'll be put to pasture.  Those days are behind me.  I don't want any signs of them lingering around remind me of my past.

 

Finally, big boy limits!


 

Howd You Go About Merging Your 3 Capital One Accounts.?

 

Valued Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?

Bofa first bank to get me to 5k cl and NFCU took me to 8k. NFCU=BEST!
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Frequent Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?

I remember calling them up and saying I have 3 of your capone accounts and it makes it hard to keep track.  Can you combine my accounts into one card for me?  They said no problem.  I don't remember if they were all the same type of card, but I remember them being low limit hassle cards.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
New Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?


Anf_dude wrote:

Razeus wrote:

From my latest app spree, I was successful and finally got myself big boy limits.  

 

I've also had a hard time getting decent limits due to past credit issues, but I've been working to resolve that issue, and the hard work has paid off.  Hopefully, I'll continue to get big boy limits in 6 months when I go for the Citi Diamond Preferred and CSP since I'll have "experience" with $5k+ limits.  In 60 days, hopefully AMEX will bump my BCE to $3k (and in 6 months, $9k, in a year, $15k+).

I've had 3 CapOne's for $300 and 2 $500's, which I was able to merge as one account, and a Barclay's card for $500, which I recently CLI'd to $850.  They've served their purpose and got me through rough times, but once I get acquainted with my new cards, they'll be put to pasture.  Those days are behind me.  I don't want any signs of them lingering around remind me of my past.

 

Finally, big boy limits!


 

Howd You Go About Merging Your 3 Capital One Accounts.?

 


Can you merge a secured and non secured card into 1?

 

FICO EX 811, EQ 821, TU 826
Valued Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?

This is really quite simple:

 

1. Always pay your bills on time.

2. Never over-spend.

3. Make a decent living at your job.

4. Be patient for your current cards to grow.

5. Do not apply for anything that you do not need.

 

This has always worked for me!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Frequent Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?


RockinRay wrote:

This is really quite simple:

 

1. Always pay your bills on time.

2. Never over-spend.

3. Make a decent living at your job.

4. Be patient for your current cards to grow.

5. Do not apply for anything that you do not need.

 

This has always worked for me!  Smiley Happy


Wise words.

 

I really need to work on #4.  I've just been so psyched lately with all the positive things happening for me the last few weeks.  But I no I need to chill now and go back to the mentality of not apping because "I always get denied".  But we'll see in a year. Smiley Surprised

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Super Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?


RockinRay wrote:

This is really quite simple:

 

1. Always pay your bills on time.

2. Never over-spend.

3. Make a decent living at your job.

4. Be patient for your current cards to grow.

5. Do not apply for anything that you do not need.

 

This has always worked for me!  Smiley Happy


Couldn't have said it any better




Valued Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?

I got my Citi Dvidend card back in 2005 when I was still in college with an extremely low limit obviously. Auto-CLIs brought me up to $8k or so and I have put in occasional manual requests to reach my current $20k CL. Pay in time, use the card as much as you can, and keep on top of your CLIs.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: How did you get out of toy limits and get big boy limits?

Sweet jesus.  Nice portfolio of cards and CL's there.


bribro wrote:

I got my Citi Dvidend card back in 2005 when I was still in college with an extremely low limit obviously. Auto-CLIs brought me up to $8k or so and I have put in occasional manual requests to reach my current $20k CL. Pay in time, use the card as much as you can, and keep on top of your CLIs.


 

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k