Valued Contributor
bunnyrabbit

How did your score changed by closing your Citi Credit card?

Can somebody able to tell us how many scores went down by closing your Citi Credit Card due to the AF charge?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: How did your score changed by closing your Citi Credit card?

I don't know if anyone would have seen any score change yet, if it were going to happen, because you'd have to wait for the monthly update by Citi, I think.

But if you don't have balances on other cards, closing this one won't make a score difference, because your util will remain the same.

For anyone else trying to figure how this works, read fused's Closing Credit Cards. It's a great explanation of what will happen, what might happen, what won't happen, and when.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+