cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How difficult is it to get approved for a Barclaycard cc?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: How difficult is it to get approved for a Barclaycard cc?

Wait a little longer. If you have to recon and an analyst sees all those new accounts, you will probably be declined, especially for the Ring or Arrival+ which are harder to get than say the basic Rewards card.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice here. My score was something like 758 at the time. One new account.  I wouldn't be approved now because of new accounts this past year.

Message 12 of 13
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A little over six months ago I went on an app spree and acquired 6 new credit cards, bringing my total to 7. My AAoA is currently about 1 1/2 years. Other than that my credit is great, scores from 720-760.

Taking this into account, how likely would it be fo me to get approved for the Arrival+ or Ring? Should I wait longer to apply?

Barclays is definitely a different animal, OP, as others have mentioned.  It's very much a YMMV kind of thing when it comes to approvals. I was denied twice by them last year (understandable, as my scores were simply not high enough), but in the past 2 months I've been approved for both the Cash Forward and Upromise with more than 20 accounts opened in the last 6 months and 30+ inquiries on TU.  I was floored.

I can't speak to the Arrival or Ring, as I've yet to apply for either of those.  But while so many have seen flat out denials for any of their cards, solely based on number of new accounts and inquiries (which were a LOT less than what I have now), I have gotten approved for 2 with a TU score between 680-684, thick credit profile, oldest account is 22 yrs old, AAoA 4.3 years, annual income of $88k. My utilization at that time was around 30% (due solely to a few closed accounts with balances that I'm still paying off--all new accounts are at zero balance except for one), though lower now due to CLI's and new accounts.

Best of luck to you if you decide to apply!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.