cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do CCC's feel about PIF *BEFORE* statement cuts?

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: How do CCC's feel about PIF *BEFORE* statement cuts?

@Chris679 wrote:

@Involver wrote:

As long as you are paying your bill on time your lender of choice will not care.

To suggest that American Express with FR you for paying your balance before a statement cut is beyond ridiculous.

Totally agree and wish people would stop scaring everyone and convincing everyone that you need to walk around on pins and needles to keep CCCs happy.

OP pay your cards whenever YOU feel like it, on time of course.

Exactly correct Chris and Involver.  

We sometimes forget WE are the customers!  Banks should be tip toeing to keep us happy, not the other way around.  We need to let common sense be our guide.

Of course there are extreme examples of people getting FR/AA/CLD for "no good reason".  But usually if you dig a little deeper, you will find that there is actually a reason for the lender has taken action. Either there was a bank error (certainly plausible) or more likely the person was doing something they should not have (i.e. violating the T&C; massive MS or borrowing money they had little hope of paying back)

Lenders want to make money.  Period.  End of Story.  Jettisoning good customers for dumb reasons seems contra to any good business model.

Anyway OP as others have said just pay your bills on time (every time), keep the UTL at a reasonable level (so as not to set off any DTI alarms), use your cards responsibly (i.e. no MS) and you will be golden.

And yes...paying your bill in full before the statement date is accepted by EVERY BANK ON THE PLANET...lol!!! Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 23
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Only company that might have a problem is Amex. Other companies MIGHT not care. Amex MIGHT FR you.

Not true. I had made multiple payments and paid in full without any problem. FR might be triggered for unusual activities (like very large purchase, MS, close to yuor limit say 95% of usgae, etc.). Normal users should not be worried at all.  

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 22 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@s_haliz wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Only company that might have a problem is Amex. Other companies MIGHT not care. Amex MIGHT FR you.

Not true. I had made multiple payments and paid in full without any problem. FR might be triggered for unusual activities (like very large purchase, MS, close to yuor limit say 95% of usgae, etc.). Normal users should not be worried at all.  

Some speculate that AMEX prefers one large payment over multiple small ones, but this is purely anecdotal.   Other banks specifically limit how often you can pay per month through their website (my SyncB retail cards only allow 4 payments a month, for example).   However, I've never heard of AA/FR being triggered from paying AMEX too often or too soon!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.