cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I best use my AMEX gold card points?

tag
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do I best use my AMEX gold card points?

Hmmm...I don't have any experience with the Amex Delta - I have other Amex cards but not that one.  I've heard that the Delta miles are hard to redeem though - maybe other folks will chime in.

Message 11 of 14
cabronsaim
Contributor

Hmmmmm.....
I was thinking that because i read Amex is Soft Pull when u already have an Amex, so that sounds perfect for me :-)
3/30/12: EX: 680 TU:667 EQ: 655
4/14/12: EX: 680 TU:678 EQ: 670

BOFA: 0/1k / CAP1: 0/1.75k / CITI: 700/2k / AMEX Gold:NPSL
Message 12 of 14
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

@cabronsaim wrote:
Hmmmmm.....
I was thinking that because i read Amex is Soft Pull when u already have an Amex, so that sounds perfect for me :-)

That is correct, if you already have an AMEX, additional cards are a soft pull (if denied) and a hard pull (if approved).

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 13 of 14
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

Hmmm...I don't have any experience with the Amex Delta - I have other Amex cards but not that one.  I've heard that the Delta miles are hard to redeem though - maybe other folks will chime in.

I'm not sure they are hard to redeem, just not the same value as other miles in comparison. I use my Delta cards (personal and business) a lot and I simply use the accumulated miles to upgrade from coach to business or first class if I don't think I will get a free upgrade based on medallion status. Not a very good use for all those miles but it works for me. I'm almost platinum with Delta between flights and MQM bonuses from card spend so eventually I will start to get more upgrades based on status. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.