Frequent Contributor
koalablue

Re: How do I best use my AMEX gold card points?

Hmmm...I don't have any experience with the Amex Delta - I have other Amex cards but not that one.  I've heard that the Delta miles are hard to redeem though - maybe other folks will chime in.

Contributor
cabronsaim

Hmmmmm.....
I was thinking that because i read Amex is Soft Pull when u already have an Amex, so that sounds perfect for me :-)
3/30/12: EX: 680 TU:667 EQ: 655
4/14/12: EX: 680 TU:678 EQ: 670

BOFA: 0/1k / CAP1: 0/1.75k / CITI: 700/2k / AMEX Gold:NPSL
Regular Contributor
icetrap06

cabronsaim wrote:
Hmmmmm.....
I was thinking that because i read Amex is Soft Pull when u already have an Amex, so that sounds perfect for me :-)

That is correct, if you already have an AMEX, additional cards are a soft pull (if denied) and a hard pull (if approved).

CMCU Platinum (12k) | Discover IT (7k) | AMEX Green Card (NPSL) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) |Citi HHonors Gold (4k) | AMEX SPG (1k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 (outdated) | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Established Contributor
scenery_guy

koalablue wrote:

Hmmm...I don't have any experience with the Amex Delta - I have other Amex cards but not that one.  I've heard that the Delta miles are hard to redeem though - maybe other folks will chime in.

I'm not sure they are hard to redeem, just not the same value as other miles in comparison. I use my Delta cards (personal and business) a lot and I simply use the accumulated miles to upgrade from coach to business or first class if I don't think I will get a free upgrade based on medallion status. Not a very good use for all those miles but it works for me. I'm almost platinum with Delta between flights and MQM bonuses from card spend so eventually I will start to get more upgrades based on status. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}