Did you mean: 

How do I claim my Amex Sky Points?

tag
audia4
Established Contributor

Re: How do I claim my Amex Sky Points?

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@audia4 wrote:

So another question for you fine people...

I paid that $200+ "cleared" charges that night. Now another $700+ has cleared and for the last 2 days, I have been trying to pay it but when I go to the "make a payment" it will not give me the option to pay the charges. It just says "no payment is due now" and you can't click on anything to pay. I believe it's been about 3-4 days since the last payment and that payment has "cleared" already and is showing as a payment on my online statement.

Why won't it let me make another payment? I know with some of the other cc's you have to wait 24 hours. Does Amex make you wait a lot longer? There's no way I want this amount reporting on my report. Hubby charges a good 5-10k a month and we are using it for the points, but I want to make payments on the charged amounts at least 1-2 times a week to stay up on it.

Someone let me know if you have a certain "waiting period" before being able to make another payment and if so, how long is it? (I really hope you are not only allowed to make 1 payment each month). Smiley Sad

Is this your first AMEX? If so I am in the same boat, it's because of our new bank account being linked, with any new bank account linked you can only make 1 payment from it in the first 30 days, since I now pay weekly, this is throwing me for a loop as well and I have no idea how to "push" a payment from chase. I have to sit on this 40% balance until the 20th!!!!

Yes, first AMEX, but not a "new" bank account and has 2 bank accounts linked to it. It wouldn't give me the option to pay using either one and keeps telling me that 0 payment is due.

I'm going to give them a call. I have several "issues" that I need to discuss with them, so might as well call and just ask what's going on.

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 11 of 15
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@audia4 wrote:

So another question for you fine people...

I paid that $200+ "cleared" charges that night. Now another $700+ has cleared and for the last 2 days, I have been trying to pay it but when I go to the "make a payment" it will not give me the option to pay the charges. It just says "no payment is due now" and you can't click on anything to pay. I believe it's been about 3-4 days since the last payment and that payment has "cleared" already and is showing as a payment on my online statement.

Why won't it let me make another payment? I know with some of the other cc's you have to wait 24 hours. Does Amex make you wait a lot longer? There's no way I want this amount reporting on my report. Hubby charges a good 5-10k a month and we are using it for the points, but I want to make payments on the charged amounts at least 1-2 times a week to stay up on it.

Someone let me know if you have a certain "waiting period" before being able to make another payment and if so, how long is it? (I really hope you are not only allowed to make 1 payment each month). Smiley Sad

Is this your first AMEX? If so I am in the same boat, it's because of our new bank account being linked, with any new bank account linked you can only make 1 payment from it in the first 30 days, since I now pay weekly, this is throwing me for a loop as well and I have no idea how to "push" a payment from chase. I have to sit on this 40% balance until the 20th!!!!

Yes, first AMEX, but not a "new" bank account and has 2 bank accounts linked to it. It wouldn't give me the option to pay using either one and keeps telling me that 0 payment is due.

I'm going to give them a call. I have several "issues" that I need to discuss with them, so might as well call and just ask what's going on.

"New" as in new to Amex, i just linked my second bank account and it wouldn't let me process a payment either, since I have had enough with amex CC already (see my other thread) would you please keep us updated on your findings?

Message 12 of 15
audia4
Established Contributor

Ok, so I just got off the phone with them.

They only allow you to make 1 payment during the first billing cycle. They said after that, you can make payments daily if you want to. It just takes this long to get things moving in their system and updated.

However, you can call their direct payment line to make a payment any time you want to over the phone within your 30 days before the billing cycle ends if you want. That's what I did. They said you can call it and make payments every day if needed and that's what I'll be doing (well not every day, but probably every few days).

Their payment number line is 800-921-6490.

You speak to a live person, they take your payment, give you a confirmation number and it's also emailed to you (mine was emailed to me before the rep ever made it back to the line to tell me payment was made). Smiley Happy

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 13 of 15
broseph23
Regular Contributor

We're you able to redeem your points? With blue sky points, you have to wait until about 7-10 days after the statement cuts in order to redeem the travel credits.
Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 14 of 15
audia4
Established Contributor

@broseph23 wrote:
We're you able to redeem your points? With blue sky points, you have to wait until about 7-10 days after the statement cuts in order to redeem the travel credits.

Since the card is new, they said I would have to wait until my first statement cuts (which they said will be the 20th of this month) because they have to verify that 1) I spent the amount required in order to earn the points and 2) I actually paid that amount for them to hit my account. I told them that I spent the amount and have already paid for it. They said that I could possibly "see" the points online on the 20th when my statement cuts, otherwise, it could also be 7-10 days after that before it shows up.

I told the rep that we need to pay for the rest of our vacation, including booking air flight and the hotel and couldn't wait for several "cycles" (as some had suggested it might take) and she said it was no problem. I could actually pay for it today and if I needed them to "push" the points, they could do that as well. She assured me not to worry, I would get the $$ applied to the cc when needed because they would be able to see it on their "back end" but the reason that the points are not showing up right now is because of it being a new card and it takes awhile to get rolling in their system. She said until the first statement cuts, they don't even have the "terms" of the card services listed in the account to know what special promotion I took at the time (which mine was spend $250 on the card and get 15,000 in points). But once that cycle hits, they would be able to look up the promotion, which would then be linked to my account. If there were any problems, they would certainly be able to call for the terms and verify.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.