cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get CLI on Discover with soft pull?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How do I get CLI on Discover with soft pull?

Message 11 of 19
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

What a gardening success story! Straight to 5k!
Message 12 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pgyagnzia wrote:

Ok good peeps of fico, so I finally pulled the trigger and called them.

I talked to person 1 and asked for CLI to $5000, got approved for $2000, of course with HP, then I counter counter-offered (haha) her for $3000 and mentioned that I got approved for $9,900 last month by AMEX. She then transfered me to Person 2 who asked me questions about my employment status, the company I work for, my college, etc. GOT APPROVED FOR $5000!!!!!!! YYAAAAAAYYYYYY!

I immediately logged in and saw my CL $5000. And while browsing their website, I saw 2% cashback bonus for purchases made in the Carribean, which is where I'm going next week, called them again (the only way) and signed up. In a minute I got a confirmation email where they also place a security feature for uninterrupted use of the card while I'm there.

What a good day. I'm loving Discover.

Thanks all!

CONGRATS WTG 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 19
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@pgyagnzia wrote:

I talked to person 1 and asked for CLI to $5000, got approved for $2000, of course with HP, then I counter counter-offered (haha) her for $3000 and mentioned that I got approved for $9,900 last month by AMEX. She then transfered me to Person 2 who asked me questions about my employment status, the company I work for, my college, etc. GOT APPROVED FOR $5000!!!!!!! YYAAAAAAYYYYYY!

I immediately logged in and saw my CL $5000. And while browsing their website, I saw 2% cashback bonus for purchases made in the Carribean, which is where I'm going next week, called them again (the only way) and signed up. In a minute I got a confirmation email where they also place a security feature for uninterrupted use of the card while I'm there.

What a good day. I'm loving Discover.

Thanks all!

Congrats!!! I'm glad it all worked out for you. Definitely worth the HP.

Maybe LS will read this and do the same!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kevinjjc

Don't tempt him! He's gardening til next year.
Message 15 of 19
knoregs
Established Contributor

@pgyagnzia wrote:

GOT APPROVED FOR $5000!!!!!!! YYAAAAAAYYYYYY!

Congrats! That's a nice increase... well worth the HP.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 16 of 19
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Yes, a 10X cli is very good.

I wonder how much the 3rd person would have given...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 17 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@pgyagnzia wrote:
I'm still on my initial CL which is $500. I've had the card for over 2 years, always pay on time, 98% of the time PIF.
I tried 4 times to get CLI, spoke to their CLI department twice, sent them message,etc. They won't do without a hard pull.
I just got approved for Amex for $9,900, so I'm ready to close the Discover account because of the low CL, but I'm going on vacation and would like to use Discover because there's no FTF.
So my question is do they always do HP for every CLI? Anyone got it with only SP? How do you do it?
Thank you everyone!
I've learned A LOT from reading this forum, thanks for your inputs and for sharing your experiences.

I'd say since your inquiries are low, a HP would not be damaging to any real extent. The problem is that you never know what your increase is going to be, and it might not be what you want with a HP. Good luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 18 of 19
HiLine
Blogger

10x CLI seems to be the current record on this board. Congratulations!!! Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.