Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get World Elite status?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get World Elite status?

So I have a Quicksilver Mastercard and I'm wondering what it would take to get it to WEMC. I've only had the card for about six months, so it there a certain timetable that must be adhered to (at least a year?), or certaing goal markers to hit? At the one year point should I just ask CapOne for a replacement card and see if it comes in as a World or World Elite?

I just chatted with CapOne and they said, "Sorry, there is no option for World Elite Mastercard" and that's it. And then I submitted my question on Mastercard's site and just received an email back from them just saying "call this number for card benefits". 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get World Elite status?

You could try the EO route, but no guarantees anything will come of it. Usually, Capital One reserves the WEMC for new cardholders only or less common is if you product change from say a Venture to a QS or vice versa. 

This month, my Capital One Venture WMC turned 19 years old. Its a great card, my first card in fact. $15K limit and 10.9% fixed APR; yet they absolutely refuse to upgrade it to a WEMC. Their response to me is "you have to apply for a new card to get the WEMC benefits." 

Cest la vie. I have two Citibank WEMC's and other than the cool, silver MasterCard logo, there really are not many benefits above and beyond the World benefits. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to say it will be a no go. Went through it a few times with capital one and their EO. Basically they would want you to apply for the WEMC and open a new account.
Message 3 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You can try the EO, but most people have been told it's by invite only to get a WEMC upgrade and/or they just have to apply for a new account. I don't think the length of time the account is open makes any difference.

I would limit the amount of energy expended on this unless you really plan to use the benefits. I hassled with Capital One back in 2015 to get a Visa Signature upgrade and it took multiple phone tags, emails, etc for something that didn't even really give me any tangible benefit.

Message 4 of 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I am curious, what benefit of a WEMC do you think will be useful? Or is it just a status thing?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.