cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a stateside CSR with citi , amex , or others ....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get a stateside CSR with citi , amex , or others ....

it kind of sucks when you and csr have accents :/ I could always ask to be transferred to a spanish rep , but that's even worse cause not all spanish is the same , just how most citi csr' talk British lol !  !!! My English is quite understandable and  I never have issues with discover or chase ! Any help on getting american csr's ! ? With all major card issuers , even synchrony and comenity ! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get a stateside CSR with citi , amex , or others ....

@Anonymous wrote:

it kind of sucks when you and csr have accents :/ I could always ask to be transferred to a spanish rep , but that's even worse cause not all spanish is the same , just how most citi csr' talk British lol !  !!! My English is quite understandable and  I never have issues with discover or chase ! Any help on getting american csr's ! ? With all major card issuers , even synchrony and comenity ! 

Citi, try to find # for Prestige line, AMEX, Find number for Plat line. Cap One, call EO always.

Message 2 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi, try to find # for Prestige line, AMEX, Find number for Plat line. Cap One, call EO always.

Last few times I've called citi I've gotten a US based CSR. I haven't had to call amex, for cap1 go EO or social media team, for chase, get a ritz card, and for barclays call one of the backdoor #s (BD#s go to maine) 

Message 3 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Last few times I've called citi I've gotten a US based CSR. I haven't had to call amex, for cap1 go EO or social media team, for chase, get a ritz card, and for barclays call one of the backdoor #s (BD#s go to maine) 

CSP is always stateside for me , but i heard if you ask for spanish speaking CSR sometimes they are based in US so obviously speak english as well. So that is an way to actually get stateside CSR. 

For me Discover+CSP are normally always americans, the others ymmv . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Please review the thread regarding the posting of  Call Center frustrations.  I have recently edited threads that have not adhered to this community's policy. I am posting this as a gentle reminder.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PLEASE-READ-Posting-About-Foreign-Call-Center-Frustrati...

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think with Citi, they call them account managers. That usually gets me closer to home.

Message 6 of 8
sunkissed
Established Contributor

My American Express Experience:

I only have 2 Amex cards.  Both are co-branded.  Early on, I needed to call customer service a few times.  Every time I was transferred to a foreign call center.  I had a hard time getting the CSRs to understand the problem so I had an extremely difficult time coaxing a solution out of them.  One CSR got frustrated with me because he didn’t understand the issue I was having and turned particularly rude.

Months later, I decided to add an AU to my SPG  account.  I used the chat feature to get help to add my AU on their website, which was great.  However, afterward, I wanted to verify that I had entered my AU’s address correctly (thought I omitted the “Circle” at the end of the street address).  I called the Customer Service phone number I found on the Amex website instead of the number on the back of my SPG card that I usually call.  I was bracing myself for another battle to be understood.  I was pleasantly surprised when I reached an American-speaking CSR!

I don’t know if my experience was purely coincidental, but I will be calling the phone number on the website from now on.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I usually find them really mean to me since I do have an accent too but... it is what it is!

Honnestly when I don't have questions regarding money (i-e CLI, dispute...) I am kind of ok with it. 

I just feel that they can't do much.  

I remember the guys from Freedom giving me 3 different dates when I asked what was my "closing date" or "statement closing date" when I got the card (since I almost PIF before statement).  They kept giving me the due date and act like I was stupid since I was like "umm I beleive you're giving me the due date Sir"

I am totally fine when I call Chase or Amex application and they put me on hold for 2 minutes before saying "Congratulation". Even though I beleive those non US based CSR are more experienced.  

IMO that it's always weird to talk to someone about money and specifics if they don't deal with it personnally.  Not really about the accent, that girl that "takes care" of my checking account at BofA is Colombian with a huge accent but I don't care at all since we both live in the same country/city.

I am annoyed but fine with Time Warner Cable or CSR from whatever online shopping website but my personnal bank/credit cards accounts.. meh...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.