Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get cli's with comenity cards

tag
JB2
Contributor

How do I get cli's with comenity cards

I have a handul of comenity cards, all store cards but the total rewards visa.  I have had my Meijer card for 6 months, made over the minimum payment multiple times and they won't raise my limit.  Same with my marathon and victorias secret.  I don't really care about the vs card, the wife used it one time and the marathon card is for convenience but I am going to pay off the balance and sd it because I can get better points with my quicksilver card.  Sometimes though meijer has sales to save you money if you use your meijer card and I wish they would raise my limit from $500.  I have sync cards for walmart and american eagle and they gave me thousands.  They seem stingy to me.  I guess I will just pay them off and close them later when the time comes. 

Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Slate, Chase Sapphire Premium, Macys, Walmart, Meijer , Best Buy, Credit Union, Amazon Visa, 3 Penfed, 3 Fnbo,2 Boa, Discover, Cabelas, 2 US Bank, 2 Citibank, 2 Amex, Syw visa
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get cli's with comenity cards

Buy stuff.
Message 2 of 8
woodsie1
Regular Contributor

It's been stated before, that some comenity cards grow faster than others. Some cards require you to wait 9 months for your first CLI. After that you should be able to hit the "LUV" button on the website.

Starting scores TU: 537 EQ: 571 Current Scores 8/2015 TU:641 EQ: 641EX: 643
4000 3600 30006200 VS: 2450 NY&CO: 2320

Message 3 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I feel your pain. They never raise my BJs MC despite their generous reputation. However I stopped caring as 3k is enough for purchases at BJs
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a couple small Comenity store cards and hit the luv button on both yesterday. 

$500 -->$900

$900-->$1300

I think the one that was at $900 I'd done it once before. I only do it when I buy something, seems weird to do it on a card that's been sitting dormant for a while. But I guess I'm on their $400-at-a-time list. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usage and payment when due is the most assured way.
Message 6 of 8
JB2
Contributor

I have used them and made large payments and still no love.  I had some love with my Total Rewards Visa, which is Comenity.  I got a cli before I even got the card but they won't give me over $250 on my marathon card even though my bp card is $3500.  They should be more like thier competitors.  Im not complaining, just curious as to when they give them out.  Right now I have more valuable cards and haven't been using just the store cards.  The interest rate is crazy too.  I have a credit union mastercard that is 9% so 24% is a little to high

Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Slate, Chase Sapphire Premium, Macys, Walmart, Meijer , Best Buy, Credit Union, Amazon Visa, 3 Penfed, 3 Fnbo,2 Boa, Discover, Cabelas, 2 US Bank, 2 Citibank, 2 Amex, Syw visa
Message 7 of 8
Pway
Valued Contributor

The only luv I get through Comenity is my Express card.  That card has really grew with me.  I use my Jcrew and I see all the luv people get with that one but none for me.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.