cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the Discover It $150 sign up promotion?

tag
dndandrea
Established Member

How do I get the Discover It $150 sign up promotion?

Hi, i'm interested in signing up for the Discover It card, but i'd like to get in on the $150 signup bonus after spending $750 in the first 3 months.

The promotion cannot be found when searching through Discover's site (https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/). However, I did call them and they said the promotion can be done if I apply over the phone, and that it's difficult to do online.

I found this link (https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/display?pageFileId=listingsite&sc=KCV6), which does present the $150 offer. However, when I click "apply now" it goes back to the original link I posted above though... I don't want to sign up and find out later that I did not get in on the free $150 cashback.

I prefer doing things online rather than on the phone so I can do it at my own pace and not make any mistakes. Any advice?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sponge_gto
New Contributor

Re: How do I get the Discover It $150 sign up promotion?

You're gonna have to talk to a lot of people over the phone to sort out issues, to ask for offers or even to, touch wood, recon. Start practising now!

Amex: EDP, Platinum, SPG, Delta Gold; Chase: United no-AF, CSR, FU, IHG, Freedom; US Bank: Club Carlson Premier, Fidelity; Barclay: Rewards, SM; Discover: IT; Cap. One: Quicksilver; BoA: BBR; Consumers CU: Cash Rebates Siggy
Message 2 of 6
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

@sponge_gto wrote:

You're gonna have to talk to a lot of people over the phone to sort out issues, to ask for offers or even to, touch wood, recon. Start practising now!

Are you british? Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 6
dndandrea
Established Member

In most cases I prefer to talk over the phone. However, i'm a student with low income and only a few years of credit. Last time I filled out an application in person I only got a $500 limit. However, I did the Chase Freedom card online and I got a $1000 limit then a $2000 credit limit the year after. 

All i'm asking for is a link to the promotion if it's still going on. Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
sponge_gto
New Contributor

@subwaysandwich wrote:

Are you british? Smiley Tongue

Ohh I should have said "knock on wood". I did spend a few years in the UK but "touch wood" came from way back when I was still in Asia.

Amex: EDP, Platinum, SPG, Delta Gold; Chase: United no-AF, CSR, FU, IHG, Freedom; US Bank: Club Carlson Premier, Fidelity; Barclay: Rewards, SM; Discover: IT; Cap. One: Quicksilver; BoA: BBR; Consumers CU: Cash Rebates Siggy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the regular online application site, after the 3 month mark I got the $150 bonus anyway.
Never any mention of it. Not sure if I had to spend $750 or $1000 to get it. Good luck!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.