New Visitor

How do I join the gardening cult?

[ Edited ]

The current hot topic on another forum is the Gardening cult. I've always wanted to join a really cool cult, but was born too late for most of the really hardcore ones(People's Temple, Heaven's Gate, Branch Davidians). Is there some sort of ritual needed to join the gardening group? Do I need to do at least 10 "shopping cart tricks" to join? Help- I need advice!

Epic Contributor

Re: How do I join the gardening cult?

[ Edited ]

joe_kool wrote:

The current hot topic on another forum is the Gardening cult. I've always wanted to join a really cool cult, but was born too late for most of the really hardcore ones(People's Temple, Heaven's Gate, Branch Davidians). Is there some sort of ritual needed to join the gardening group? Do I need to do at least 10 "shopping cart tricks" to join? Help- I need advice!

LOL

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

joe_kool wrote:

I hope you are who I think you are!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forum

Most of the haters and I'll be honest from that site are people who have been banned from here for one reason or another mostly not respecting others.

And a few more that are on the radar and soon to be.

I find it funny that they tend to get all there valued info here but talk crap about the garden in the process ...LMAO

I think both forums have great info minus the one person over there who keeps the cult term going and his followers who can't think for themselves.

But here's a tidbit that's interesting

If you hate this site so much and not directed towards you OP why do you find ways to register and read since your IP is blocked but you go out of your way too...

MyFico and the GC must not be so bad and I would tell you make your own choices and opinions.

IMHO

BTW we also get those that come over just to start BS 

+ Chase ink =

Valued Contributor

I have no idea which forum y'all are referring to, but I kinda LIKE the term gardening cult...  :smileytongue:

Current Scores: EX: 615, TU08: 639, EQ: 607. 04/01/2015.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Frequent Contributor

myjourney wrote:

Welcome to the forum

Most of the haters and I'll be honest from that site are people who have been banned from here for one reason or another mostly not respecting others.

And a few more that are on the radar and soon to be.

I find it funny that they tend to get all there valued info here but talk crap about the garden in the process ...LMAO

I think both forums have great info minus the one person over there who keeps the cult term going and his followers who can't think for themselves.

But here's a tidbit that's interesting

If you hate this site so much and not directed towards you OP why do you find ways to register and read since your IP is blocked but you go out of your way too...

MyFico and the GC must not be so bad and I would tell you make your own choices and opinions.

IMHO

BTW we also get those that come over just to start BS 

tell those haters MJ!!! Get the ERTs on them!

Garden Start 05/28/2015. photo costcoamexchip_zps3a781f9d.png photo greenemv_zps23c675fd.jpg photo chaseemv_zpsed238ae0.jpg photo doublecash_zps3421657b.jpg photo bankamericard_zps1caf2fc1.png photo arrival_zps66de46b3.jpg
Established Contributor

Start by not getting banned and having to create a new account, to post sarcasm, to somehow feel relieved by it.  Do all that, coupled with being respectful and not applying for new credit that requires a HP, and you are in.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Super Contributor

VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Start by not getting banned and having to create a new account, to post sarcasm, to somehow feel relieved by it.  Do all that, coupled with being respectful and not applying for new credit that requires a HP, and you are in.

+1.  Best advice I've read all day!!!   :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm not in the garden by choice....

I was handcuffed.

::edited for wrong image::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Valued Contributor

joe_kool wrote:

Cult, according to Webster's 1913 Dictionary:

Pronunciation: kŭlt
n.1.Attentive care; homage; worship.

With exception of the word worship, I can see that terminology being used. 

We are in the Garden to acheive a Better Self, and to show support to each other. 

Some may take it to a new extreme, but for the most part... it works well.  

I am sorry, OP, that you have at some time in the past felt disillusioned by the myFICO forum gardening club, and that you have disdain in  your soul for us.

Feel free to lurk, and learn, and show support of others without sarcasm, or malicious intent, and for heaven's sake do not get any Hard Pulls on your CR... THEN and ONLY then.. will you be considered a member of the Gardening "Cult".

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.