cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove a joint Credit Card from my Credit Report?

tag
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I remove a joint Credit Card from my Credit Report?

hey newyork21,

With Chase, if you had to put in paperwork to remove, you were joint and not AU.    

If you are able to get someone helpful there who sees the error, hopefully you can preserve the TL as it was in good standing when it should have last reported at  the time you removed yourself from it.  Chances are though you are going to wind up losing the entire TL, which is still better than what it sounds like it is looking like now.

G'luck with Chase.  I find them helpful but if this confuses them, you might want to write and get proper attention to it. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you smartcookie Smiley Happy  I appreciate your resonse.  What does TL stand for?  Time Line?
Message 12 of 14
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Tradeline, which is the entire entry for that OC.  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

And just to add also if you were just added as AU on her account as a non-spouse account you should not get any derogratory records on your credit for that same account if she missed some payments or if the account was transfered to the collections... Correct me if im wrong but I believe to be a joint account holder, you and your partner should apply for the card at the same date and that is how the joint account type works.. Now its also possible that you were added as a spouse accidentally so if that happen you can make a dispute with the creditors and they will send a letter with the credit bureaus if they did mistakenly added your name as a spouse on her account... whew!! hope this helps..^_^
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.