cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do WF secured-to-unsecured cards show on credit report?

tag
dondilio
Valued Member

Re: How do WF secured-to-unsecured cards show on credit report?

I have to agree that it certainly took more time than I thought to graduate. However, it looks like WF is looking into expanding their credit card market share. They just announced yesterday that they will be launching AmEx cards, revamping their rewards structure (a third party AmEx affiliate will be desiging the program) and also recently started offering Visa Signature to their consumer credit card customers (just to be only available through WF Advisors Credit Cards). Addditionally if you do a simple search here in the forums you will see that they are getting more consistent at graduating. Graduation reviews usually took place in April and October however as you may notice mine would have been outside that timeframe (they did a soft pull to my Experian on 6/2 and I received the graduation letter on 6/15). 

If I had to take a guess I would say that their Secured card program and Credit Card portfolio/offerings overall is going to get better and more competitive. Their customer service has always been excellent in my eyes; smart, friendly and fast. Try them, establish a relationship and if at some point you feel the card is taking too long to graduate just move on to other cards. Positive trade lines stay in your reports for up to 10 yrs. Smiley Happy

Starting scores (FICO): 1/4/2011 TU: 536 EQ: 532 EX: ???
Current scores (FICO): 9/10/2014 TU: 715 EQ : 720 EX: 732
AMEX PRG: NPSL; AMEX Hilton Surpass: $5800; AMEX Blue: $7500;
DIscover IT: $8500; Fidelity Visa Signature: $5000; CITI AAdvantage WEMC: $2200; Capital One Venture One: $4000; Santander JetBlue MC: $5000; Wells Fargo Visa (secured that eventually graduated): $1600; Nordstrom Visa Signature: $5000 Store cards: Sam's Club: $3900; Home Depot: $4000 Fired: First Premier; Cap One (secured and Orchard); Barclays, AMEX Zync with PSL.
Message 11 of 12
HiLine
Blogger

Re: How do WF secured-to-unsecured cards show on credit report?

Hopefully Wells Fargo will change their policy regarding graduation of secured cards, but I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon. If you want a secured card that graduates within one year, try the BofA Cash Rewards secured card. Many have reported their cards graduating in 6 months.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.