Established Member
kontayjus

How do balance transfers work?

Hey there.. so I am taking advantage of my 0% APR with CapOne and transferring $500 of the balance from my WAMU card over to CapOne. I applied for it, got charged $500 on my recent activity, but what happens now? Do they send me a check to write out to WAMU in the mail .. or? Thanks in advance!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aug '08 WaMu PFICO: 765
Jul '08 WaMu PFICO: 740
Jun '08 WaMu PFICO: 744
May '08 WaMu PFICO: 758
Regular Contributor
Cooneyca

Re: How do balance transfers work?

BTs come in all different forms.  Did you give Cap One your Wamu details?  If yes, then they probably sent a payment directly to your Wamu account.  If you don't see the reciprocal in a couple days (holiday weekend is causing delay in online updates), I would follow up.

Sometimes they do send you a check or checks, but it's rarely in a specific amount.  Usuaully they're blank and they have you write them out to whomever you wish.

Another way is a direct deposit of the specified amount into your checking account.

kontayjus wrote:
Hey there.. so I am taking advantage of my 0% APR with CapOne and transferring $500 of the balance from my WAMU card over to CapOne. I applied for it, got charged $500 on my recent activity, but what happens now? Do they send me a check to write out to WAMU in the mail .. or? Thanks in advance!

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+