Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do chase match limits?

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

How do chase match limits?

Okay Since I am still waiting to have my CR updated to reapply for the CSP.... I was seeing that many of you guys state that chase line to match limits. My question is how is the limit determined if we put aside the other factors( history, clean report etc), does the computer add up the higest three limit card you have then take a percentage of that as you starting CL plus/minus DTI ? Some input would be nice as I am curious to know.. Thanks

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: How do chase match limits?

Try reading tea leaves it would yield better results. Anyone that says they know is guessing (thats being kind).

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 2 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

They don't exactly "match" limits. They do use your current limits as reference, like any other lender does. For example just because an individual has several 20k CL cards from GE, while his other real cards are just approx 5k, chances are chase will not issue a CL anywhere remotely even close to 20k, though there's still such a possibility.

Eventually its going to boil down to what's in your CR and income.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 5
blondy250
Established Contributor

Exactly all though CC do have different internal algorithims to determine your limit. It all comes down to credit score, income and DTI ratio and your percieved risk.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

While there are stories both ways, it still seem more likely to me that "X matched my limits" is more likely related to the current state of your credit report.   If issuer 1 gave you $Y and issuer 2 gives you a CLI to $Y (or a new card with $Y) it could just be because that is the "right" limit for that CR.

I also believe this is behind the more general "high limits cause more high limits" 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.