Frequent Contributor
JaeJae12

How do chase match limits?

Okay Since I am still waiting to have my CR updated to reapply for the CSP.... I was seeing that many of you guys state that chase line to match limits. My question is how is the limit determined if we put aside the other factors( history, clean report etc), does the computer add up the higest three limit card you have then take a percentage of that as you starting CL plus/minus DTI ? Some input would be nice as I am curious to know.. Thanks

BCE- 30000 -BOA 123 7400 -Freedom- 28789- Citi Forward- 19900 -Citi DC- 23800-CSP 22.5k
Garden mode 3/25/14

Frequent Contributor
blondy250

Re: How do chase match limits?

Try reading tea leaves it would yield better results. Anyone that says they know is guessing (thats being kind).

MyFico 4/18/14
Experian-820, Equifax-834, Transunion (Discover)--850-- 7/6/14
Aaoa-9yrs, Oldest-14yrs
1 inquiry equifax 04 Chase mortgage
"Because your FICO® score is exceptionally high, there are no actionable negative factors present with your score".
Super Contributor
enharu

They don't exactly "match" limits. They do use your current limits as reference, like any other lender does. For example just because an individual has several 20k CL cards from GE, while his other real cards are just approx 5k, chances are chase will not issue a CL anywhere remotely even close to 20k, though there's still such a possibility.

Eventually its going to boil down to what's in your CR and income.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Frequent Contributor
blondy250

Exactly all though CC do have different internal algorithims to determine your limit. It all comes down to credit score, income and DTI ratio and your percieved risk.

MyFico 4/18/14
Experian-820, Equifax-834, Transunion (Discover)--850-- 7/6/14
Aaoa-9yrs, Oldest-14yrs
1 inquiry equifax 04 Chase mortgage
"Because your FICO® score is exceptionally high, there are no actionable negative factors present with your score".
Super Contributor
longtimelurker

While there are stories both ways, it still seem more likely to me that "X matched my limits" is more likely related to the current state of your credit report.   If issuer 1 gave you $Y and issuer 2 gives you a CLI to $Y (or a new card with $Y) it could just be because that is the "right" limit for that CR.

I also believe this is behind the more general "high limits cause more high limits" 

Most active card: Amex BC ($50K)
Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 848 (Sep)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}