Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do chase mid-cycle updates

tag
red259
Super Contributor

How do chase mid-cycle updates

I know if you PIF chase will update your balance on your credit report instead of waiting till the next statement cut to do so. My question do you have to PIF everything to trigger that or do you only need to PIF the balance due and not the current cycle charges?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do chase mid-cycle updates

The card needs to be at a $0 balance.
Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The card needs to be at a $0 balance.

+1

You simply just do a complete PIF and they handle the rest when they get it Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once at $0, I usually see an update around 3 days later.

Message 4 of 11
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I know if you PIF chase will update your balance on your credit report instead of waiting till the next statement cut to do so. My question do you have to PIF everything to trigger that or do you only need to PIF the balance due and not the current cycle charges?

You need to pay the entire current balance.

However, if some charges are pending on the day you pay, it's fine as long as they don't clear that day itself. So you can make some purchases on Apr 10, which will show as pending on Apr 10. Then you can pay off your current balance as of Apr 10 (excluding pending charges). In all likelihood Chase won't post the pending charges till Apr 11 (or more realistically, Apr 12). But it will report to credit bureaus that you're at 0 balance as of Apr 10. 

Message 5 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^+1 that has been my experience.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

PIF in this context refers to the current balance as stated above -- not the statement balance.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Chase still currently report mid-cycle? My home internet is auto billed to Chase. This month, the dates just aligned by fate that my internet charged & the statement closed. Showing a balance. And I happen to be in underwriting... I have paid immediately, but now I'm worried.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

YEP, at least they did for me last month.

Message 9 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does Chase still currently report mid-cycle? My home internet is auto billed to Chase. This month, the dates just aligned by fate that my internet charged & the statement closed. Showing a balance. And I happen to be in underwriting... I have paid immediately, but now I'm worried.

Please don't stress it.

If you have even a small balance and PIF (all of it) they will report to the CRA's a zero balance usually within a day or two.

In that way they are extremely helpful for those of us that sometimes juggle micromanaging card rotations. Nice touch.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.