Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i find out when cc's report?

tag
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

How do i find out when cc's report?

I want to know how to find out when cc's report to the bureau' s, so i can use the cards and pay down balances before the statement cuts so i can bring down util and get cli's on them?

Do u just call them to find out?

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: How do i find out when cc's report?

most will disclose but they are usually a couple days after the statement closes. 

or even on the same day (kohls)

ymmv though. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 13
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@OlegWasHere wrote:

most will disclose but they are usually a couple days after the statement closes. 

ymmv though. 

I kinda need exacts on when, so i can pay them down right before the time comes and use them throughout the month. I wanna see how high i can bring up my score and my gf's score by doing this and also get cli at the same time, im sure some of these cards will give some good increses.

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
Message 3 of 13
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Legions36 wrote:

@OlegWasHere wrote:

ymmv though. 

I kinda need exacts on when, so i can pay them down right before the time comes and use them throughout the month. I wanna see how high i can bring up my score and my gf's score by doing this and also get cli at the same time, im sure some of these cards will give some good increses.

you need to call card issuer and even then CS reps get it wrong.  Or pay enough attention to credit reports to seehistorically what they do.  Even then there are occasions where card issuers don't behave the same month to month.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Legions36 wrote:

I want to know how to find out when cc's report to the bureau' s, so i can use the cards and pay down balances before the statement cuts so i can bring down util and get cli's on them?

Just pay it down 1-2 days before your payment due date each month. Statement cuts usually 3-4 days after payment due date.

Message 5 of 13
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Legions36 wrote:

Just pay it down 1-2 days before your payment due date each month. Statement cuts usually 3-4 days after payment due date.

Will this way work to bring down util on the cards? I plan on using the cards again for the amount that i pay but paying it down every month right before to boost the score, get cli on the cards, and lesses the interest paid. Im pretty sure by bringing the ulit down will open some new doors for me and gf.

Message 6 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You are paying interest right now? Then just focus on paying down the balance instead of making credit report pretty.

Message 7 of 13
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

You are paying interest right now? Then just focus on paying down the balance instead of making credit report pretty.

I actually dont care about interest or things like that i care about boosting my score and get higher limits on the cards that my gf has, im personally in building mode but she has pretty good credit just high balances. I know all her cards are due for increase in limits just her high balances are hurting her. I want here to get higher lines and i have the money to play around with and im not really spending its more for investing with what im doing so thats why it doesn't matter about interest right now. I hope u understand what my situation is and thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 13
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

I just know that people do this to get more points on util every month while still using there cards to its full potential. Im new to this and don't really know how to go about it.

Message 9 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Well, all of my CCs are due on the first or second day of each month. Statements for them are cut on the fourth or the sixth.

So what I do is simply pay down the balance last week of each month to keep the statement balance low.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.