Valued Member
oracleicom

How do lates on closed accounts affect your scores???

Hello all,

Just closed my account with FPB!!! I was wondering how late payments affect scores?  Should I see a positive or negative affect? Also the most recent late was January of '05.  Thanks
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: How do lates on closed accounts affect your scores???

oracleicom wrote:
Hello all,

Just closed my account with FPB!!! I was wondering how late payments affect scores?  Should I see a positive or negative affect? Also the most recent late was January of '05.  Thanks

The lates hurt your scores, more so if they are recent. Closed and open TLs are scored equally. The key is to have open and closed TLs reporting only positive info. I recommend that you write GW letters and hopefully get these lates deleted from your CRs. Ses Tuscani's thread below.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}