Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do miles work?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: How do miles work?

Not trying to discourage you OP but do you have more than 5 new accounts in the past 2 years? If so CSP will be auto declined.

Also you have a BCP with an AF to justify. Are you sure you spend enough to justify CSPs fee?
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ik_!
I have exactly 5 accounts opened over the past two years, 4 revolving and 1 auto.
To be honest, I'm not sure I could justify it currently. However, the spend bonus covers a lot of annual fees and the fee is waived the first year. I also expect a substantial jump in income in a few years which will increase its usefulness. Regardless, I'll be waiting for a pre-qual before I pull the trigger.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do miles work? - Horribly Smiley Tongue

Is this 20% off based on booking through the Chase travel option? Ultimate Rewards I think its called. I ask bc I recall when I browsed through it last year the travel choices seemed quite overpriced compared to other options. 20% off sounds nice but not if the listed price is 30% over what you can find elsewhere. If its truly a good deal after comparison shopping then go for it Smiley Happy GL
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I could tell, the rates are the same as the airline websites, but I'll definitely check around before booking!
Message 14 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Do your due dillegence OP, like heavenly said. 20 percent off isnt worthwhile if you can pay less elsewhere. Its all psychological. They want you to think its a great discount, but that doesnt mean its the best price.

To be honest it doesnt seem to me like you can justify or need a CSP. Dont be swayed by what is popular. Make sure it actually fits you.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.