cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you contact Cap1 EO now that phone # is no longer available and already e-mailed CEO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you contact Cap1 EO now that phone # is no longer available and already e-mailed CEO?

and in a few months allocate the limit to the older card and close the new one
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you contact Cap1 EO now that phone # is no longer available and already e-mailed CEO?

As much as I am a capital one triple pull endurer hater, this one possibly be the one exception. Your card with the 9 % apr has some great potential. You could totally app for 2 cards, then in 6 months, combine, and combine. End up with a nice limit, lower than most apr, cap1 card. And if you want to really kick things up you could see if they come out with a new product this fall. More bang for your buck with those inquiries.

Message 12 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

How long has it been since you sent your email?   They can take several days to respond.

Actually, as a latest update, it looks like when I checked my e-mail a few minutes ago, the Cap1 EO had e-mailed me back as of earleir today  Smiley Happy  Will try calling them tomorrow at the number provided, and guess will see how things go....

Message 13 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I would echo giving them several days to respond, but what are you hoping for? With the limit you have, even the EO is not likely to make it into a huge, useful limit -- Capital One is not known for large CLIs, generally fairly modest ones.

I totally get not wanting to app further, but you will probably be better off just applying for a new QS instead of hassling with EO to get this one bumped up. It will never see the growth you are after. Some Capital One products just get "stuck" and that's how it goes. You can reapply and potentially get a 5 or 10k limit right off the bat. I know you said the APRs are higher than you want, but it doesn't matter unless you routinely carry balances.

Well when I e-mailed the EO, I had tried requesting what I had hopefully considered as being a modest CLI for $1,000, which if I were to successfully receive it would increase my total CL to $2,000. 

I guess I may be somewhat "old-school" in the sense of APRs, if only just because I admittedly miss the days when single-digit APRs were much more commonplace than they are today.  Philosophically, I really have no desire at all to app for cards that are above 10%, based just on principle alone.  Granted, I know I have some cards in my signature that are above 10%, but those were almost exclusively cards that I had applied for due to the promotional 0% APR (they do not presently get any regular usage, out of me).  On the Cap1 card, I have occasionally carried a balance, although most of the time it is PIF.  On most of my other cards -- again excluding the ones above the 10.99% APR card ---I do usually actively carry a balance, and so the relatively-lower APRs are useful for me on a practical basis, in that regard.

Message 14 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I would echo giving them several days to respond, but what are you hoping for? With the limit you have, even the EO is not likely to make it into a huge, useful limit -- Capital One is not known for large CLIs, generally fairly modest ones.

I totally get not wanting to app further, but you will probably be better off just applying for a new QS instead of hassling with EO to get this one bumped up. It will never see the growth you are after. Some Capital One products just get "stuck" and that's how it goes. You can reapply and potentially get a 5 or 10k limit right off the bat. I know you said the APRs are higher than you want, but it doesn't matter unless you routinely carry balances.

Well when I e-mailed the EO, I had tried requesting what I had hopefully considered as being a modest CLI for $1,000, which if I were to successfully receive it would increase my total CL to $2,000. 

I guess I may be somewhat "old-school" in the sense of APRs, if only just because I admittedly miss the days when single-digit APRs were much more commonplace than they are today.  Philosophically, I really have no desire at all to app for cards that are above 10%, based just on principle alone.  Granted, I know I have some cards in my signature that are above 10%, but those were almost exclusively cards that I had applied for due to the promotional 0% APR (they do not presently get any regular usage, out of me).  On the Cap1 card, I have occasionally carried a balance, although most of the time it is PIF.  On most of my other cards -- again excluding the ones above the 10.99% APR card ---I do usually actively carry a balance, and so the relatively-lower APRs are useful for me on a practical basis, in that regard.

Message 15 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Problem is that generally, today in 2015, rewards cards and sub-10% APRs generally (but not always) don't coexist.

Sometimes people get an Amex rewards card and eventually can get their APR lowered below 10%, but with most lenders, rewards cards are 12% for excellent credit and go up to 24%!

If you forego spending rewards (which may be useful if you routinely carry balances) you can still get below 10% APRs if you qualify.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
and that's why the number is gone. people are calling the executive office, a VERY busy department, for CLIs. come on... if you don't get one you don't get one. if you applied for a new card you'd get probably $3-$k that's what you have to do sometimes. pay your card more than once if need be but don't go to the executive office to ask for an increase...

that's like going to the ceo of your company and asking to take a lunch break

Message 17 of 18
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

I emailed the EO late Sunday night and heard back from early Monday evening. They called from the same phone number that you used to be able to call them at

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.