Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get CLI with HSBC?

tag
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

How do you get CLI with HSBC?

I have been with them for 2 years, ALWAYS PIF once or even twice a month and I cannot get a CLI to save my life.

Anyone have any tricks?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do you get CLI with HSBC?

From what I understand, if you have a hardline to the pope you have a good shot!
Message 2 of 15
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

You are probably right, LOL
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try hitting the CLI request button on their webpage. I have 2 CC's with HSBC. One is a BB card I've had since Jan 07, and the other is a Platinum Mastercard since Aug 07.

The BB card started at 2200 CL and last week I hit the CLI request button on their webpage and got a CLI to 4400.

The Platinum Mastercard is and started out at 1000. I like my BB card more, so would want CLIs on that card, but if I confirm that the request on BB wasn't hard I may ask for one on the MC in a few months.

On both cards I have carried balances at 0% for months. And only once made a charge on the MC that PIF. But I've never paid interest on either card, ever.

But that's the only suggestion I've got.
Message 4 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

HSBC LOVES to see lots of usage, as in maxing the card out and PIF at all times. From what I've read, that seemed to be the key element with people who got one.

What reason do they give when they decline you?
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of card do have with them. 
Message 6 of 15
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

OHHHHHHHH it gets a LOT of useage from me I use it and pay it off twice a month.

the only reason they gave me was I wasn't eligible YET.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 hsbc cards--Direct Rewards and the Cash or Fly MC

The DR is still stuck at the 1400 dollar limit.
The Cash or Fly is up to 2350 dollars right now.  I got the card last summer and have had 2 cli's.  The card started out with a 750 dollar limit.  It seems that they will give CLI's every 6 months with usage and heavy payments.  And I mean heavy.  I made 1,200 dollar payment a couple of weeks ago and I know they liked to see that.  I probably wont get another CLI from them until near the end of the year.
Message 8 of 15
smoothjk
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You could try hitting the CLI request button on their webpage. I have 2 CC's with HSBC. One is a BB card I've had since Jan 07, and the other is a Platinum Mastercard since Aug 07.

The BB card started at 2200 CL and last week I hit the CLI request button on their webpage and got a CLI to 4400.

The Platinum Mastercard is and started out at 1000. I like my BB card more, so would want CLIs on that card, but if I confirm that the request on BB wasn't hard I may ask for one on the MC in a few months.

On both cards I have carried balances at 0% for months. And only once made a charge on the MC that PIF. But I've never paid interest on either card, ever.

But that's the only suggestion I've got.

I was pretty sure HSBC was a hard pull. Can someone confirm this?
FICO (06/17/08): TU 691 - EQ 642 - EX 638 - Util 64%
FICO (07/23/08): TU 698 - EQ 653 - EX 644 - Util 50%
FICO (02/04/09): TU 694 - EQ 668 - EX 654 - Util 43%
FICO (05/18/09): TU 687 - EQ 675 - EX n/a - Util 39%
FICO (03/09/10): TU 666 - EQ: 691 - EX 644 - Util 54%
IDGuard (2/8/12): TU 690 - EQ: 710 - EX 710 - Util 72%
FICO (03/13/12): EQ: 696 (87% revolving to limits)
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found that some rebuilder cards are in a program where they don't get credit limit increases.  Capital One has me in that type of program for the first card they gave me.  I've applied and received a second card for them that is eligible for the credit limit increases.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.