Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you go on a app spree

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

How do you go on a app spree

I never went on one. Do you just apply for as many cards as you can all willy nilly?

What do you want your credit profile to look like before a spree?

Wont the inquiries taken during a spree hurt your chances for approval?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you go on a app spree

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I never went on one. Do you just apply for as many cards as you can all willy nilly?

No willy nilly...

Plan your spree carefully starting with lenders that are the most INQ sensative.  You can also plan based on which CRA each is likely to pull.  You want your profile looking top notch.  Yes, the iNQs will begin to hurt your chances of approval so plan for that.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Also to add to it, find out what each company pulls using credit boards and have your score high enough so that you don't get toy limits on the spree.  If you don't mind me asking, why an app spree?

mod edit- prohibited website

Message 3 of 23
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Last month I was approved for a Quicksilver and a Platinum Prestige from Cap one. A few days ago I had my Quicksilver One upgraded to a Venture One, and my Platinum upgraded to a second Quicksilver.

Today I was declined for a Journey, a card considerably easier to get than the cards I listed above.

The reason was too many recent inquiries/new accounts.

So definitely make sure you app for the cards you REALLY want first. I wasn't upset at my denial today, I was only doing it for the foolish reason of having every card Cap One offers. I'm OCD like that.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you go on a app spree?

press

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you go on a app spree?

press

LOLSmiley Tongue

Message 6 of 23
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Be careful if you decide to include Crap1 in your spree.  They will tripple pull you for every app.  Period!  Every time!!

Most cards only cost one pull on one CRA.  Maybe 2 if you happen to be borderline.  Not Cap1.  It's a triple pull every single time.

Message 7 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, Cap1 is not the best one to spree with because they pull all 3. Why would you want every card they offer? I'm not critcizing just asking. The Journey card gives 1.25% back, I believe. Why would you want that if you have a Quicksilver with 1.5%?

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

App for 40 CCs, get approvals. Check back next month, try again. Smiley Tongue
Message 9 of 23
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

You know when to stop when you're getting denied for stuff like INQS or new accounts. Tread lightly.

Also go for really good cards if you're gonna do it, not junk toy limit cards and subprime garbage.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.