Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you guys keep track?

tag
Juan123
Established Contributor

How do you guys keep track?

I just have a question and maybe i could get some suggestions. How do you guys keep track of your credit cards? I Currently have an excel spreadsheet with my balances, limits, and available with the totals and due dates of each card.... then on my browser i have a bookmark of each credit card login >_<

How do you guys keep track of your cards? and do you think i'm keeping good enough track or am i missing something?

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: How do you guys keep track?

@Juan123 wrote:

I just have a question and maybe i could get some suggestions. How do you guys keep track of your credit cards? I Currently have an excel spreadsheet with my balances, limits, and available with the totals and due dates of each card.... then on my browser i have a bookmark of each credit card login >_<

How do you guys keep track of your cards? and do you think i'm keeping good enough track or am i missing something?

I do exactly what you do.

ALso log on my accounts everyday. Just want to make sure that i havent missed anything.

WIth certain credit cards, you can get notification of expenses as well as with AMEX you get an account snapshot to your email.

I set alerts to let me know when a payment is due.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read this Thread It might help you.

Best of Luck!

Message 3 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I hawkeye all of my accounts at least once a day, if something got past me they pulled a fast one on me lol

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 34
aamex
Frequent Contributor

I have an excel spreadsheet too.. But its just a point of reference for me. It shows when the closing dates are, apr, CL, and introductory APRs that I still have.
I  also recieve a daily text of the balances from each company. And the Mint.com mobile app is extremely helpful for staying on budget and it also notifies me when my bill is do for everything not just credit cards, but installments too.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 5 of 34
castlefox
Regular Contributor

I like using Mint.com to keep track of where I spend my money.

I always log in a once a week on all of my accounts but at the bare minimum I will not check my account until I get a bill in the mail.  When I get the bill in the mail I review my charges and then pay in full. I love getting a bill in the mail now because I get my credit card down to 0% utilization.  Smiley Happy

If you save the website links in an excel file make sure to save the https version of the website.  I would VERY cautious about saving your log in names and passwords in an excel b/c I would hate to compromise my passwords to malware.

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 6 of 34
Juan123
Established Contributor

im scared to use mint.com and it's rather confusing.... i also love getting bills in the mail >_< i dunno why but it helps me remember sometimes.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Long way to go ^_^
Message 7 of 34
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

im scared to use mint.com and it's rather confusing.... i also love getting bills in the mail >_< i dunno why but it helps me remember sometimes.

I think you are a part of a small group that can say this. I don't like bills in any shape or form.  Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 34
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

I don't get what confusing about Mint.com? you just set up your accounts with their login info and it automatically updates how much you've spent and your monthly payments. It also entices you to set up GOALS to save up money for a new car or a house downpayment, etc. I've been using it since Feb of this year and it's been great so far. I get e-mail updates if I have a payment coming up soon, updates if I get charged a bank fee or CC fee, etc. You should give it a try! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 34
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I just use the calendar. I track due and reporting dates. USAA, CITI, and Chase have text alert/e-mail options.

For recurring charges I'll pay in advance through checking account if trying to avoid a balance posting. Doing the mortgage dance and can't have utilization messed-up or any new inqs.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.