Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you guys keep track?

tag
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you guys keep track?

i have a dry erase board above my desk with all the info, bal, close date, cl. payment, apr%, u name it,,, i also keep all accounts on my desktop and check everyday, il never miss a paymentSmiley Surprised

Message 21 of 34
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I use You Need a Budget (YNAB). I have each card set up in this software and track all spending in the respecitve register. When I spend on a card, I put the transaction in the register and assign a budget category. This keeps me in line with spending. If there is not money to spend in the budget, it does not get spent.

I like this program because it forces my to answer to myself for spending and I have to allocate for each dollar spent.

Maybe I am too overboard with this, but it works for me.

I also rotate cards.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 22 of 34
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I do the basically the same.   

The measure of how you are doing is simple.   Have you ever missed or came close to missing a payment?  If so, you need to do more.

Since I am rebuilding, I always make at least the minimum payment right after the statement closes, and usually PIF by due date.   That way, very small risk, I am ever late,

Message 23 of 34
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

I do the basically the same.   

The measure of how you are doing is simple.   Have you ever missed or came close to missing a payment?  If so, you need to do more.

Since I am rebuilding, I always make at least the minimum payment right after the statement closes, and usually PIF by due date.   That way, very small risk, I am ever late,

same here

Message 24 of 34
Juan123
Established Contributor

I was actually 30mins from being late sometime last year... After that i started to stay ontop of EVERYTHING >_<

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 25 of 34
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is unlocked, so feel free to post.Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I use You Need a Budget (YNAB). I have each card set up in this software and track all spending in the respecitve register. When I spend on a card, I put the transaction in the register and assign a budget category. This keeps me in line with spending. If there is not money to spend in the budget, it does not get spent.

I like this program because it forces my to answer to myself for spending and I have to allocate for each dollar spent.

Maybe I am too overboard with this, but it works for me.

I also rotate cards.

Ray

This program is AWESOME!!!! good choice Ray!! Robot LOL

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 34
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

PageOnce.com

Mint.com

Manilla.com

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 28 of 34
CS800
Super Contributor

@tengtengvn wrote:

PageOnce.com

Mint.com

Manilla.com

Would any of you recommend one of these that you think has the best features and ease of use?

Message 29 of 34
pj421fly
Valued Member

Use hotmail calendar to keep me posted daily on what is due and when!

Starting Score: TU-691 EQ-681 EX-693
Current Score: TU-826 EQ-816 EX-814
Goal Score: 830+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.