cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you know if the luv button is a SP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you know if the luv button is a SP?

I have a synchrony bank credit card for a local jewlers, and started poking around the website on my mobile and under services there is a credit line increase button that just asks for my income but does not state anything about a credit pull...any way to know for sure without just doing it? I do know that I tried a few years ago with it via a rep on the phone and th at was a HP, I am hesitant to even ask them again in fear of them pulling my credit and trying it again
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: How do you know if the luv button is a SP?

I didn't know synchrony bank did HPs for CLIs? I've never received a HP from them on any of my synchrony cards.
Message 2 of 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Synchrony Financial usually has done HP in the past, while Synchrony Bank has been a SP.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I would call "credit solutions," their telephone credit department, three separate times to get three separate people and say, "I've got a Wal-Mart card and I'm thinking about asking for a credit limit increase.   Would it be a hard pull or a soft pull?"   When they answer, thank them, and then call back again so you get somebody else.   That's about as sure as you can get if you are concerned about getting an HP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.