Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you know if...

tag
dize
Regular Contributor

How do you know if...

Your citi forward has the 5 points on amazon etc? I tried looking it up a few weeks ago and it seemed like I didn't, however I just got an email that said:

"Get rewarded with your everyday purchases:

• 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent at restaurants, book stores, music stores and movie theaters

• 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on other purchases

With no limit to the number of points you can earn - you can have enough points to treat yourself to something great very soon!"

So I'm confused because when I log into my account it only states 1 point per dollar, but this email states this.

Also it was a student card I got in 2010, I think February if that helps.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: How do you know if...

If you got the mail, it almost certainly is the 5x.

Citi never seems to include that info anywhere.  There is language like "Unless you are receiving promotional pricing, you will receive 1 TY Point per $ of eligible purchases blah blah blah..." with no way of seeing if your pricing is promotional.  My 5x TYP and 5x Forward don't mention 5 anywhere!

Best way is to look at a statement if you have used it in one of the categories.  There is a bonus section there.

Message 2 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@dize wrote:
Your citi forward has the 5 points on amazon etc? I tried looking it up a few weeks ago and it seemed like I didn't, however I just got an email that said:

"Get rewarded with your everyday purchases:

• 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent at restaurants, book stores, music stores and movie theaters

• 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on other purchases

With no limit to the number of points you can earn - you can have enough points to treat yourself to something great very soon!"

So I'm confused because when I log into my account it only states 1 point per dollar, but this email states this.

Also it was a student card I got in 2010, I think February if that helps.

Thanks.

I originally (this is when the card still existed) had to call them because I wasn't getting 5x , but now I still am. I bought a laptop off amazon not too long ago...nice amount of points there. haha. 

Message 3 of 7
dize
Regular Contributor

Okay, thanks. So I probably have the 5x points. Now I somehow need to get a CLI on the card. It's been stuck at 800 since 2010...Every time I ask they have a new reason as to why they won't give me one.

Message 4 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@dize wrote:

Okay, thanks. So I probably have the 5x points. Now I somehow need to get a CLI on the card. It's been stuck at 800 since 2010...Every time I ask they have a new reason as to why they won't give me one.

It's a SP so might as well keep asking. haha

What kinda reasons were they giving you? 

Message 5 of 7
dize
Regular Contributor

At first it was because my report shows a collection, forclusre, action or judgement. I have a few lates on my report, and I have 1 collection that I settled with about 2 years ago. Now it is showing because I have too many recently opened accounts...which is true. I did just close one of them though. 

Message 6 of 7
dize
Regular Contributor

Also, how often is too often to ask? I know it is SP, but I don't want to be asking every day either if that can have some sort of adverse effect. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.