Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you pay your cards?

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you pay your cards?

Pull from the cc website for every card but bofa.

BofA is my direct deposit checking account so my bofa card payment is a transfer from checking to card. I have no clue how to classify that as a push or pull...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 21 of 48
kelli1970
Contributor

I push using my banks bill pay service unless I need to make an additional payment then those I pull using cc's website.  Always online and electronic, however.

Starting Score: TU 595 EQ 610 EX 601
Current Score: TU 683 EQ 661 EX 677
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 48
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Pull from CC website

Message 23 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always push from my checking unless I want the payment to post the same day instead of the next. It is convient to pay all of them at the same time instead of having to go to each CCC website to pay.

Message 24 of 48
john398
Senior Contributor

Go on credit card site and pull, seems quicker than pushing to me, usually posts the same day too

Message 25 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I push weekly from USAA checking account on Sunday's to all card used the previous week. PIF on each of them.

Works like a charm!

Ray

Message 26 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do a combination:

• I have auto payments set-up to cover the minimum for each card issuer (pull), just in case I ever forget, or get hit in the head by an errant soccer ball, and end up in a coma for more than 30 days. But, this feature never kicks in, because there's never a "minimum" balance due.
  • I pay each card, once per month, using either online bill pay (for cards issued by banks that I don't having any other banking relationship with), and by transer to (to cards with banks/credit unions that I have deposit accounts with)-- push.

I have a definitive preference for "push" over "pull", though.

Message 27 of 48
smc733
Valued Contributor

I used to pull, but ever since I configured BofA's BillPay service, it's so convenient.  All the statements appear on my BofA logon for Amex, Discover, Chase, Citi, etc...  And I can just push the payment amount, as it tells me

-Minimum

-Balance

-Specify Amount

As options.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 28 of 48
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@cesarcjv wrote:

I push using the bill pay feature on my USAA checking account. Whats nice is that I can pay multiple CCs all at once as USAA lists all your payees on one screen. Also it lets you pick days for each payee and sums up the total amount to be paid at the bottom. I'm very fond of this feature!

100% Agree.  All utiIites are pulled and all CC payments are pushed.  I love USAA's bill pay feature as it generally only takes 2 days for the payment to sucessfully push through.  Very convenient for the sites that only let you pay "once per X amount of days" or when paying Amex.  Amex doesn't let you pay more that the statement balance (regardless of current balance), or at least this has been the case for me.  Smiley Sad

Message 29 of 48
andre181
Established Contributor

99.999% of the time, I push from bill pay. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.