cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you pull your TU after CC denial?

tag
DarkScythe
Valued Member

How do you pull your TU after CC denial?

Hello everyone,

About 3 weeks ago I applied for 3 cards (AMEX, Citi and SallieMae) and was approved for 2 of them.

AMEX and Citi approved me with very good CL's, and the lowest rate on each of their cards, so I can't expect any credit scores or information from them.

However, Sallie Mae denied me, and they said they would be sending the letter to me with more specific information.

I asked the CSR at the time and she said my credit score was "very high" but that she couldn't tell me what it was, and would be included in the letter they would send.

I just received the letter, and there's no score listed. Someone really does not want me getting my credit scores (I refuse to pay for them.)

In any case, the only reason listed was "Income is below required minimum." This is in line with what the CSR told me at the time of my application, saying my debt-to-income ratio was too high. (Part-time student, plus student loans.)

There were no other reasons listed, and I imagine because my score wasn't one of the reasons I was denied, they decided not to provide me with the score.

The issue now, is I want to see my credit report. They pulled TU, and the letter states I can receive a free copy of my report within 60 days. However, I have no idea how to go about it through the TU site. I tried it last time with my dad's recent HELOC denial (though Chase said he had an 811 credit score.. don't think it was a FICO though.) and TU redirected me to the annualcreditreport.com site. I wasn't sure if I wound up getting my free copy, or if I "used up" my one annual TU pull, because there was nowhere for me to specify that I was pulling for a denial.

So, any ideas on how to pull this from TU?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you pull your TU after CC denial?

PM sent.

EDIT: Also here is the link below. The URL includes the word "annualcreditreport" but this is not the free one you get once per year:

http://annualcreditreport.transunion.com/tu/disclosure/currentSituation.jsp

Message 2 of 11
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

TU redirects you to the other site. When you ask for your report, it will ask why. You either select your free report or due to denial. If it is due to denial, it will not count as your free report.
Message 3 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I don't want to do something against policy, so I'm just wondering why that info can't be posted here, if there is a legit circumstance for getting the free CR.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 11
Datx
Valued Contributor

Im unsure if we can post the link or not, so I just sent it via PM to be safe.

Message 5 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Okay, but Cain didn't post it either. Maybe someone will know if it's okay... or if not, why.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Datx wrote:

Im unsure if we can post the link or not, so I just sent it via PM to be safe.

If it's a link to one of the CRA's it's fine.

Message 7 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thank you, MarineVet! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Datx
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

If it's a link to one of the CRA's it's fine.

Ok, thanks. I just edited my first post and included the link.

Message 9 of 11
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Bichonmom, I just answered OP's question, wasn't advocating anything else. When I told OP that TU redirects to the other site, I was just being a bit lazy and didn't want to type out annualcreditreport.com. Hope that cleared up my post.

: )
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.